Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:02 AM

lol you think Jobberseid has a chance?

If this is Thanos from Thanos impertaive then he stomps, because he is the avatar of death and he can not die at all. And since the Marvel and DC u are combinded, then the cancerverse is involved and Darkseid is doomed.

The source will just bring Darkseid back to life to balance the universe, and you confuse me because not that long ago you were making a case for how powerful Darkseid is now you are throwing him under the bus.

#22 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:25 PM

The source will just bring Darkseid back to life to balance the universe, and you confuse me because not that long ago you were making a case for how powerful Darkseid is now you are throwing him under the bus.

The reason why, is because current Darkseid is a joke, but PC Darkseid would give Thanos hell. The Darkseid that I was defending was PC Darkseid.

#23 baneblade

baneblade

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:01 AM

The reason why, is because current Darkseid is a joke, but PC Darkseid would give Thanos hell. The Darkseid that I was defending was PC Darkseid.

Folks are obviously note reading the fine print, still.

1) Has Thanos defeated (or faced off to a standstill) an enemy at par with the Source? (Before anyone answers Eternity, or any of the cosmic beings in the Marvel U, don't forget that if anything is considered 'smart' in any sense, it might be Eternity, a being who, in turn has bidden or was bidden not to interfere or surpass happenings in the marvel U). The rest of the cosmic beings, are smart? If so, say yes. If no, (and I know they are not. Not with the level of 'aloofness' they displayed when facing Thanos), then the point of Thanos facing off somone like that is moot when compared to Seid facing the Source one on one. None of these beings, 'created' a universe. They are themselves subesrvient to the Creator, and merely 'watchers' or 'controllers'.

2) Seid facing off Source. Again, the Source is the creator, architect, fashioner, empowerer of the New Gods' universe. Facing him off one on one means you either are too stupid or smart. And Seid was the latter. And he didn't do anything with the convenient tool of the IG. He 'created' his contraptions, his weapons and his devices himself. Sorry, he takes the cake.

3) Thanos weilding IG may talk volumes of his 'self conrol'. A feat displayed through odds by Adam Warlock, who weilds it even more sensibly. (Generally, till PISS has a say). However, Thanos didnot create the IG, or manipulate it, or fashion it. He 'nabbed' it, or fought for it. Not even topping that Darkseid 'crafted' a serum, a contraption that put him at par with the creator, empowerer of the New Gods' universe.

Sorry, Darkseid still, for the win.

#24 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

1) Has Thanos defeated (or faced off to a standstill) an enemy at par with the Source? (Before anyone answers Eternity, or any of the cosmic beings in the Marvel U, don't forget that if anything is considered 'smart' in any sense, it might be Eternity, a being who, in turn has bidden or was bidden not to interfere or surpass happenings in the marvel U). The rest of the cosmic beings, are smart? If so, say yes. If no, (and I know they are not. Not with the level of 'aloofness' they displayed when facing Thanos), then the point of Thanos facing off somone like that is moot when compared to Seid facing the Source one on one. None of these beings, 'created' a universe. They are themselves subesrvient to the Creator, and merely 'watchers' or 'controllers'.

2) Seid facing off Source. Again, the Source is the creator, architect, fashioner, empowerer of the New Gods' universe. Facing him off one on one means you either are too stupid or smart. And Seid was the latter. And he didn't do anything with the convenient tool of the IG. He 'created' his contraptions, his weapons and his devices himself. Sorry, he takes the cake.

3) Thanos weilding IG may talk volumes of his 'self conrol'. A feat displayed through odds by Adam Warlock, who weilds it even more sensibly. (Generally, till PISS has a say). However, Thanos didnot create the IG, or manipulate it, or fashion it. He 'nabbed' it, or fought for it. Not even topping that Darkseid 'crafted' a serum, a contraption that put him at par with the creator, empowerer of the New Gods' universe.

So he made a serum? big deal. Thanos has the ability to out smart those deemed omnipotent. He outsmarted himself in Infinity War, he proved worthy of claiming the IG's from those already in possession of them. He outsmarted the Champion, out muscled the smart Grandmaster, tricked the In-Betweener. He has taken full blasts from Doom, Galactus, Odin and even Death.

To sum it up, I do not see Thanos losing to Superman and Superman has proven more than a match for Darkseid. That is not a valid argument, but it does show some validity.

Is Darkseid is so great how can Baman whoop on him? Batman has no where near any ftl reflexes and should not have been able to get the jump on him. Thanos on the other hand is the type to precisely know what will happen. Sure he gets caught off guard, but he is also not omnipotent.

#25 Guest_Falcon_*

Guest_Falcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

I've seen Darkseid trick the entire DCU into fighting amongst themselves, all while he quietly took over the center of the DCU. Which is Earth. He manipulated even the Monitors which are supposed to be able to see everything and even tricked one into helping him. This was all due to persuation and without using any powers. His Omega Effect has been shown to hit and either destroy or displace anyone or anything it hits. The only one to ever survive it was Superman and Doomsday. The only way Batman has ever beaten Darkseid was by activating his hellspores, changing the codes on them, and threatening to blow up Apokolips. Darkseid said he is the only hero he would believe would actualy do it. He also should the ability to reconstuct an Imperiex body into and impenetrable suit of armor giving the wearer amplified strength equal to combat Imperiex himself. Imperiex had the power of the Big Bang. In other words he had the power of the entire universe inside him.

Thanos' only really great feats are after gaining some type of artifact. Even then he gets owned. When he had the Infinity Guantlet he was suppose to be omnipotent but some how a catatonic Nebula was able to still it from him. He just really hasnt shown anything Darkseid hasnt accomplished.

#26 baneblade

baneblade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:16 AM

So he made a serum? big deal. Thanos has the ability to out smart those deemed omnipotent. He outsmarted himself in Infinity War, he proved worthy of claiming the IG's from those already in possession of them. He outsmarted the Champion, out muscled the smart Grandmaster, tricked the In-Betweener. He has taken full blasts from Doom, Galactus, Odin and even Death.

To sum it up, I do not see Thanos losing to Superman and Superman has proven more than a match for Darkseid. That is not a valid argument, but it does show some validity.

Is Darkseid is so great how can Baman whoop on him? Batman has no where near any ftl reflexes and should not have been able to get the jump on him. Thanos on the other hand is the type to precisely know what will happen. Sure he gets caught off guard, but he is also not omnipotent.

To add to Falcon's post...

Thanos beat folks who were 'deemed' omnipotent. I also thought they were, until it actually dawned on me that they were a bunch of fools. Simply ask yourself: which 'omnipotent' being did he beat in his 'seminal' tale, the IG? Which of them was 'smart'? Which was 'omnipotent'? My deduction is straightforward: Nonw of them. Fools? Yes, certainly they were. Inbetweener, Champion (hw was the most deluded one, by far), Runner, Collector, Gardener. More than that, which 'cosmic' being of these, did Thanos actually beat in hand to hand? None. Which did he outsmart? Technically, only the Grandmaster. Master is too, a grand fool, unable to see or snesea ruse of a robot. (Honestly bro, I do not deny PIS that happens), but wasn;t that PIS indeed? Just for opinion' sake.
When Thanos 'outwitted' a witless Inbetweener, he always had the 'jump' on the rest, particularly after collecting the fool Champion's stone. They didn;t stand a chance. Give those 'stones' to Bats, he might end up doing worse. Again, let's not speculate. Thanos himself said that he couldn;t believe how easily at least two of them got duped. Reason is simple, and from what i see, more realistic, applicable to each and everyone of us. Power sometimes blinds an individual. Correctly shown in that story.
Now, if he matched wits against someone like Bats, or Doom, and tried to pry those stones off him, I would change my opinion. Even when he faced off the Avengers, he was way 'over equipped' against them with those stones.

Darkseid, you say made a serum? Hrr. C'mon bro. He MADE IT. He crafted it, didn't STEAL IT, or OUTWITTED WOME WITLESS BRAINLESS EGOTISTIC IDIOT passing for a so-called 'celestial being'. He faced off the Source, the crafter, the architect, the empowerer of the New Gods' universe! He battled the being who 'designed' him for heaven's sake! A 'Source' that grants the New Gods their 'source' of life and power. Now that's intelligence, that's a standard that the majority of the DC Universe has never faced off against, leave for Seid!. Sorry, I just do not see Thanos topping that. he used tools of conveience, gained rather conviently against a clueless bunch of morons parading as 'knowledgeable' celestials. Seid faces off JLA, or New Gods or others much smarter and resourceful routinely, without the use of 'artifacts'.

Also, sorry, Superman was never at par with Seid. Only when Mr. PIS'pert Loeb took the writing task, did Seid get embarassed, once. The majority of times, (let's say for argument's sake), Seid owns Superman. Batman got the jump onhim? Again, Mr. Loeb's tale. Not writing it off, as it is 'history' and I accept it. But, that was again, a spar with a superior intelligence, than the dimwits Thanos stole the gems from.

#27 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:04 PM

To add to Falcon's post...

Thanos beat folks who were 'deemed' omnipotent. I also thought they were, until it actually dawned on me that they were a bunch of fools. Simply ask yourself: which 'omnipotent' being did he beat in his 'seminal' tale, the IG? Which of them was 'smart'? Which was 'omnipotent'? My deduction is straightforward: Nonw of them. Fools? Yes, certainly they were. Inbetweener, Champion (hw was the most deluded one, by far), Runner, Collector, Gardener. More than that, which 'cosmic' being of these, did Thanos actually beat in hand to hand? None. Which did he outsmart? Technically, only the Grandmaster. Master is too, a grand fool, unable to see or snesea ruse of a robot. (Honestly bro, I do not deny PIS that happens), but wasn;t that PIS indeed? Just for opinion' sake.
When Thanos 'outwitted' a witless Inbetweener, he always had the 'jump' on the rest, particularly after collecting the fool Champion's stone. They didn;t stand a chance. Give those 'stones' to Bats, he might end up doing worse. Again, let's not speculate. Thanos himself said that he couldn;t believe how easily at least two of them got duped. Reason is simple, and from what i see, more realistic, applicable to each and everyone of us. Power sometimes blinds an individual. Correctly shown in that story.
Now, if he matched wits against someone like Bats, or Doom, and tried to pry those stones off him, I would change my opinion. Even when he faced off the Avengers, he was way 'over equipped' against them with those stones.

Darkseid, you say made a serum? Hrr. C'mon bro. He MADE IT. He crafted it, didn't STEAL IT, or OUTWITTED WOME WITLESS BRAINLESS EGOTISTIC IDIOT passing for a so-called 'celestial being'. He faced off the Source, the crafter, the architect, the empowerer of the New Gods' universe! He battled the being who 'designed' him for heaven's sake! A 'Source' that grants the New Gods their 'source' of life and power. Now that's intelligence, that's a standard that the majority of the DC Universe has never faced off against, leave for Seid!. Sorry, I just do not see Thanos topping that. he used tools of conveience, gained rather conviently against a clueless bunch of morons parading as 'knowledgeable' celestials. Seid faces off JLA, or New Gods or others much smarter and resourceful routinely, without the use of 'artifacts'.

Also, sorry, Superman was never at par with Seid. Only when Mr. PIS'pert Loeb took the writing task, did Seid get embarassed, once. The majority of times, (let's say for argument's sake), Seid owns Superman. Batman got the jump onhim? Again, Mr. Loeb's tale. Not writing it off, as it is 'history' and I accept it. But, that was again, a spar with a superior intelligence, than the dimwits Thanos stole the gems from.

I completely respect your reply and will take it to consider my own assestment. However I will add that Thanos outwitted the Grandmaster, which is no joke when it comes to intelligence, mind you that each person Thanos encountered had the power of a infinity gem backing them up. Champion although stupid had more than enough power to beat.

Wouldn't have Eternity sensed the danger that had befallen his universe and try to do something?

Galactus was definitely was able to sense his plans and yet he couldn't have.

I heard that Darkseid is part of the New Gods blah blah, but Thor is a god is he all powerful? no he is not. Zeus is a god, Ares is a god, what is he like as of late?

sure making a serum is cool and shows that he is a great lab rat, but Thanos is just as good as Darkseid is. Thanos being written to lose in the ways that he did should have no bearing on how powerful and smart he is.

By the way, Batman is no where close to being as intelligent as Thanos, Dr. Doom would be closer, but even he is not.

Batman killing Darkseid is as stupid as Black Panther killing Thanos????? <_<

#28 Dark Ranger X

Dark Ranger X

Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant shooter person!

• Moderators
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

Batman killing Darkseid is as stupid as Black Panther killing Thanos????? <_<

Wasn't Darkseid already pretty much screwed over anyway? And also, wasn't the bullet in the gun designed to take out a new god? I'm pretty sure it was the exact same bullet that blew Orion away.

Also, the only other time that I remember Batman going toe to toe with Darkseid was when Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Barda went to Apokolips to get Supergirl back. Darkseid smashed BAtman around, but deliberately held back because he knew Batman wasn't bluffing about the hellspores.

#29 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

Wasn't Darkseid already pretty much screwed over anyway? And also, wasn't the bullet in the gun designed to take out a new god? I'm pretty sure it was the exact same bullet that blew Orion away.

Also, the only other time that I remember Batman going toe to toe with Darkseid was when Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Barda went to Apokolips to get Supergirl back. Darkseid smashed BAtman around, but deliberately held back because he knew Batman wasn't bluffing about the hellspores.

the point I am trying to make is that if a mere human, albeit an intelligent human can make a "bullet" that specifically kills a New God then that New God is weak.

If Batman is that smart then why is he not making time machines? ftl travel? Able to understand the meaning of life? in the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos owned every mortal there was, with the exception of Adam Warlock and Magus of course, but even the Beyonder was laid to waste, sure that is a retconned beyonder, but still

That is why I don't read Batman or DC for that matter, making people way over skilled than they should be to make sales. Batman was never known to be a cosmic intelligent being. Not even Reed Richards is and he is way smarter than Bruce.
(Flash able to take on Superman? Speed force aka cartoon force) anyway that is another subject

Bruce is an over-glorified detective, nothing more. Making him able to create things/devices/weapons that can over power ancient immortals that have better tech, seems like bad writing.

Now back to Thanos and Darkseid
Thanos may have had bad writing as well, but if he can outsmart Eternity and Infinity, Galactus, and keep the magus guessing he is surely smarter. With Intelligence comes power and even though Darkseid is smart, he just doesn't have the tactical advantage.

People will throw in which version can beat Thanos, but I say that any Thanos version can beat Darkseid, even in Hero Clix Thanos is more powerful

just to end my statement, Darkseid might have the durability factor, but lacks in the tactical department, and also lacks Thanos's ability to increase his powers via Cosmic Powers. so 8/10 Thanos wins

With respects Mexican Wolverine

#30 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:54 PM

Actually, batman did not Make the bullet, he dug it out of Orion and reused it.

#31 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:16 AM

I think it boils down to this: Squirrel Girl vs a flight of stairs. Really, who wins? Who can walk away victoriously and proudly say "I won that battle." No one. No one can say that.

#32 baneblade

baneblade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:38 AM

I think it boils down to this: Squirrel Girl vs a flight of stairs. Really, who wins? Who can walk away victoriously and proudly say "I won that battle." No one. No one can say that.

Lol man, Lol.

#33 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

Actually Thanos took a full blast from Odin(who is a galaxy buster), he went toe to toe with warrior madness Thor(who strangth increases ten fold), took a blast from Post Retcon Beyonder. I can say Thanos took on the LT. He was smart enough to take the HOU. He takes on skyfathers for a living.

Also if yoyu are talking about current Darkseid he still loses badly since he is one of the biggest jobbers. Also we must take that Thanos can also time travel and he can not die by any means, and also how will Seids omega beam get past Thanos shields? Since they took blasts from Galactus,Odin and other powerful skyfathers.

#34 baneblade

baneblade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:49 PM

Actually Thanos took a full blast from Odin(who is a galaxy buster), he went toe to toe with warrior madness Thor(who strangth increases ten fold), took a blast from Post Retcon Beyonder. I can say Thanos took on the LT. He was smart enough to take the HOU. He takes on skyfathers for a living.

Also if yoyu are talking about current Darkseid he still loses badly since he is one of the biggest jobbers. Also we must take that Thanos can also time travel and he can not die by any means, and also how will Seids omega beam get past Thanos shields? Since they took blasts from Galactus,Odin and other powerful skyfathers.

1) Did any of these 'Sky Fathers' and LTs' create a universe? My take is no.
2) Did any of them create beings at par with the New Gods? Still No.
3) Did any of these 'empower' their universe? No.
4) Did any of these you mention destroy their universe without being detected? Still no.

The Source has done all of the above. The only being to face off Source, and knew 'best' (by margin) how to was Darkseid.

I do not think any of Thanos' rivals are as powerful as the Source. :Lets pick up on this argument and first see which of the above 'trump' the Source in accomplishments, power and smarts.

#35 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:22 PM

it might just be my memory, but as far as i know, Thanos is incapable of time travel without the help of technology.

also, the fact that Thanos can not die, only works in the Marvel universe. since it is Death from the Marvel universe that has denied him access(and he seems to have actually died in Annihilation anyway).

and, aside from Odin, which Skyfathers has Thanos actually went up against in a fight? + 'taking a blast', is not necessarily an impressive feat, unless it's actually stated that the 'Skyfather' in question, is using his full power in the blast. Thanos took a blast from Galactus, yes. but a statement from Galactus himself, said that he put absolutely No effort, whatsoever, in that blast, and Thanos wouldn't have been able to survive another identical blast from the big G.

as i've already posted once.

in simple terms of Powers: Darkseid is easily superior, he has the same powers as Thanos, and then some.

in terms of Experience and Skills. Darkseid is also superior, they have the same approximate skills, Darkseid has just had a LOT longer to build up his skills.

in an actual fight between the two, with no Comics Mechanics interfering. Thanos would get stomped into the ground any day of the week.

in any fight happening in the Comics, Thanos would likely win because he is by far the most popular of the two.

Thanos' popularity doesn't change the fact though, that Darkseid, unrestrained by Comics Mechanics, is easily superior to Thanos.

just to give a comparison:

Thanos (aside from the standard physical abilities(strength, durability, etc.)):

Capable of creating Blasts and Shields of energy through manipulating Cosmic Energy
Telepathy
Matter Manipulation
Teleportation

that's it.

Darkseid (aside from the standard physical abilities(strength, durability, etc.)):

Omega Effect/Omega Sanction
Telepathy
Telekinesis
Matter Manipulation
Energy Manipulation
Size Manipulation(his own size)
Life Creation
Time Travel
Dimensional Teleportation
De-Evolution(the ability to de-evolve living beings)

that's it.

now, both of them are known and feared for their Intellect, so lets compare the descriptions of the intellect of the two:

Thanos: "Thanos' intellect is dedicated to enhancing his own powers and to the annihilation of all life. Thanos is a genius in virtually all known fields of advanced science and has created technology far exceeding contemporary Earth science. His intellect surpasses Earth's greatest minds."

Darkseid: "Darkseid possesses intelligence that surpasses even the greatest minds in the universe. He is a master planner and strategist and his armies are nearly unbeatable under his leadership. "

to repeat my main point: unrestrained by Comics Mechanics, Darkseid is easily superior to Thanos, in every way.

#36 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:38 PM

1) Did any of these 'Sky Fathers' and LTs' create a universe? My take is no.
2) Did any of them create beings at par with the New Gods? Still No.
3) Did any of these 'empower' their universe? No.
4) Did any of these you mention destroy their universe without being detected? Still no.

The Source has done all of the above. The only being to face off Source, and knew 'best' (by margin) how to was Darkseid.

I do not think any of Thanos' rivals are as powerful as the Source. :Lets pick up on this argument and first see which of the above 'trump' the Source in accomplishments, power and smarts.

First off Darkseids not that poweful as people are making him out to be. Darkseid can not even do those things anymore.

Also Odin basically created humanity and he is a galaxy buster.
If Darkseid is so strong how come he loses against beings like Superman?
Yes Odin empowered his univrse and he took on infinity.
I say that Thanos outsmarted and defeated Akhenaten, who is bascially almost next to the HOU. I doubt Darkseid can take him.
Thanos is supeior to Darkseid. All the things you mentioned about Darkseid, Darkseid cant do them anymore because DC retconed most there characters like they always do. Just look at current WW.

Thanos with prep can like does with most people. Also how will darkseid fair against Thanos mind power, which galactus couldnt take?

#37 kainboa

kainboa

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:45 PM

Actually, the Only reason Thanos was able to enter and get some of the information in Galactus' mind, was because Galactus was not aware that he was there, kinda like the fact that you are not aware of every bacteria on your body.
Once Galactus noted that Thanos was there, he Immediately booted him out without any problems what so ever.

#38 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:47 PM

Also Odin basically created humanity and he is a galaxy buster.
If Darkseid is so strong how come he loses against beings like Superman?

no, Odin from Marvel did not 'basically create humanity', and Odin being a 'galaxy buster' is pure speculation.

as for "if Darkseid is so strong how come he loses against beings like Superman?", instead of making another major post, i will refer you to this: http://www.electricf.......40&start=40

just go read the final post on the page and pretend it's directed at you.

#39 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:50 PM

Actually, the Only reason Thanos was able to enter and get some of the information in Galactus' mind, was because Galactus was not aware that he was there, kinda like the fact that you are not aware of every bacteria on your body.
Once Galactus noted that Thanos was there, he Immediately booted him out without any problems what so ever.

But still Thanos was able to do it. Galactus is a cosmic being. If he get do it to Galactus, then Seid wont be a problem.

#40 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

no, Odin from Marvel did not 'basically create humanity', and Odin being a 'galaxy buster' is pure speculation.

as for "if Darkseid is so strong how come he loses against beings like Superman?", instead of making another major post, i will refer you to this: http://www.electricf.......40&start=40

just go read the final post on the page and pretend it's directed at you.

He created marvel earth.

Odin is a galaxy buster, marvel even stated it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users