• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur

SPOOOON!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Football College and Pro, Video games, drawing, reading comics, and horror/action novels

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:37 PM

I undersand that this has been done but I would like to see the thoughts on this. We have new members and the characters have gone through more since the last discussion on this topic.

Lets say that DC and Marvel universes are combined. Only there can be one mainstream villian. These two are left standing on a deserted Namek. (I know its DBZ but its the first place that came to mind) Only one can be left standing. The other has to cease to exist in this dimension and time.

#2 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:07 PM

I undersand that this has been done but I would like to see the thoughts on this. We have new members and the characters have gone through more since the last discussion on this topic.

Lets say that DC and Marvel universes are combined. Only there can be one mainstream villian. These two are left standing on a deserted Namek. (I know its DBZ but its the first place that came to mind) Only one can be left standing. The other has to cease to exist in this dimension and time.

#3 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:09 PM

Thanos is a villian that even cosmic wielders like Silver Surfer, Firelord ( I believe him or one of the others), Galactus and more have trouble defeating. Hell most of the Marvel heroes and villians couldn't beat him in there prime. Thanos is that powerful and good by himself with no gem or anything.

I'm sorry but Darkseid before he died was a joke in DC and wasn't on par with Thanos. The only thing he did even close to what Thanos has accomplised is kill the New Gods and that horrible
Final Crisis which was nothing even close to what Thano has done.

Thanos would destroy Darkseid and that entire planet. Thanos laughs when cosmic power
is used against him and brushes it off.

Me I am going with Thanos.

By the way in the crossover comic between the two who won? Because that was actually done
when both were very powerful and close in power.

#4 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

Thanos is a villian that even cosmic wielders like Silver Surfer, Firelord ( I believe him or one of the others), Galactus and more have trouble defeating. Hell most of the Marvel heroes and villians couldn't beat him in there prime. Thanos is that powerful and good by himself with no gem or anything.

I'm sorry but Darkseid before he died was a joke in DC and wasn't on par with Thanos. The only thing he did even close to what Thanos has accomplised is kill the New Gods and that horrible
Final Crisis which was nothing even close to what Thanos has done.

Thanos would destroy Darkseid and that entire planet. Thanos laughs when cosmic power is used against him and brushes it off.

By the way in the crossover comic between the two who won? Because that was actually done when both were very powerful and close in power.

#5 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

Wow, this topic is glitchy.

By the way in the crossover comic between the two who won? Because that was actually done when both were very powerful and close in power.

In DC vs. Marvel, Darkseid and Thanos taunted and threatened each other, but they never directly fought each other, at least not on-panel.

#6 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

Final Crisis which was nothing even close to what Thanos has done.

Thanos would destroy Darkseid and that entire planet. Thanos laughs when cosmic power is used against him and brushes it off.

What I'm getting out of your arguement is "Thanos has better writing, then Darkseid", I actually liked Final Crisis, wasn't a big fan of the ending, but you can't blame Darkseid that he has been badly written. I think Darkseid wins, his Omega Sanction will take care of Thanos.

#7 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:03 PM

Thanos.

But that's just one guys opinon.

#8 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

Powers:
Darkseid is easily superior. he has the exact same powers as Thanos, and a few extras.

Skills:
Darkseid is superior. they have the same approximate skill-sets, Darkseid has just had more time to refine them.

aside from that, we could start to get into Feats, but those rely on the writers, and on what the plot of the current story needs them to do. ie. Comics Mechanics.

we could also start getting into which character has the better stories, but that is a completely subjective thing, ie. a matter of opinion.

#9 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:45 AM

Well here is the thing if it is classic Darkseid then Thano loses. If it is the current Darkseid in recent years before he died I am going with Thanos.

Thats really what I was trying to say.

#10 baneblade

baneblade

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:09 AM

Obviously fans don't read the comic 'fine print'.

When comparing these two (and it has been done multiple times before), there can be certain 'hooks:

Quality of opponents: hanos might have faced off Big G, but (only my opinion, I am not roughing feathers here), Seid has the greater opponent. While Big is a harbinger, and an agent, created for a purpose, Seid has faced off something a lot more. The Source (Nuff' said, although I hate saying that) The architect of New Genesis, New Gods, that beastly powerful, insanely smart par tof the universe? Seid faced him off, and knew exactly what he was doing all along, and nearly took him. Someone really wants to top that off?

Power level: Darkseid (Folks seem to ignore Red Blue Blur's comment on the post that this is being done after both characters have undergone certain changes, which is why they keep talking about 'Omega effect'. Omega effect is dwarfed immensely by the Omega Sanction, a breakthrough in Seid's arsenal that he didn't have handy even while he faced off the Source, or Orion. He developed it through his 'hibernation'. The effect? upon touching intended target, splits the victim into different realities, one fate worse than the other. Be it, technical implication, be it psychological, that's the way it is. Not to say a victim can not outdo it, (given a ton of time, like Bats, but Bats is insanely smart, remember?). It will win Seid every battle if he chooses to use this. No one is immune to it, (unless proven otherwise). Thanos has nothing on this new power.

Strength: Even (While Thanos roughs Hulk, or Thor (who are considered from the majority of posts as equals), Darkseid roughs up Superman (who has faced off Prime, who would laugh off either Hulk or Thor)

Speed: Even (I know I have read folks talking about Thanos 'lightspeed reflexes, and an argument where certain fellow ferreters were deliberately trying to use PIS art and sequential angles to justify this, but if Thanos can match 'lightspeed', lets not forget Darkseid matches Superman)

Conquests: Darkseid (Thanos lone conquest I count as 'considerable' is Infinity Gaunlet angle, an angle that entirely got erased, ended with a whimper, and left absolutely no mark on marvel history wise, leave for impressed fans). Seid's 'Legends' crossover, then Final Crisis are events that he matched wits with JLA, JSA, New Gods (whom I consider smarter than any dim witted 'celestial' anytime), and left a 'mark' each time that will last.

Tech: Darkseid (Again, fans have repeatedly argued on this that Thanos' matches tech with anyone. Wrong. From what I see he matched tech with the inferior Surfer, and a bunch of no-brain celestials who never saw what's coming. When Seid does this, he subdued frikkin' Batman, and JLA, and JSA, who live day to day on breakthrough tech)

Experience: Thanos had few outings, but with 'less smart' folks. He also lost in the most embarrassing fashion, (Neboooola????, c'mon I know it's PIS, but canon PIS), Surfer (who seems to be so PIS ridden, the poort fellow can't seems to fly out of his own way), Captain Marvel (my choice of by far, soundly in mind hero who faced off Thanos), Champion, Gardener, Runner etc. etc.). Darkseid has millenia of experience, and history of facing off 'unbeatable' foes and if not conquered the negatives, at least experienced them in bigger spades than Thanos.

Looks: Darkseid (Thanos while being a desperate knock off, in both appearance and stature) is still a knock off. His face looks like one half of a pumpkin gone bad)

My choice is Seid. (Plus, he may be written badly now and then, but at least DC offices were not 'split down the middle' over what ever he comprised and posed as a villain). With Thanos, half the marvel office was in tears over what Mr. Starlin was doing with him. (Those overboard things).

#11 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:50 PM

Thanos imo is far more intelligent. He has more technology at his disposal. He is a Dr Doom but on a cosmic scale. There is no one that he cannot contend with. Where as Darkseid has the same, to a less extensive degree.

Darkseid has fought the New Gods? or whatever? Throwing the word Gods in it really don't mean anything. Especially if Thor, Ares, Zeus are gods. Since Thanos can whoop on anyone listed. Odin beat Thanos, but really just pushed him around.

Durability goes to Thanos. He is durable and with cosmic amplification he can increase that.

#12 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:20 AM

Darkseid is not what he use to be and trust me if he faced Thanos in today's era he would lose.

Thanos smacks around cosmic beings while current Darkseid in recent years struggles against Superman and the JLA.

Its like I said if this is classic Darkseid who was insanely powerful and not to be messed with then
I would give it to Darkseid. But its not.......

#13 baneblade

baneblade

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

You guys are still not looking at the fine print bros. While Thanos battled agents created for a purpose, cosmic beings they may be, Seid battled the mutha of em'all, the Source itself. The cosmic beings you speak of, (or type of) did not spawn universes, or even a universe, they were a part of any given universe'creation. The Source is (for his particular) New Gods universe, the creator, architect, fashioner and empowering force of all that is the New Gods universe! Seid was ready for him. Can you top that?

#14 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:49 AM

In the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos defeated Eternity and then became Eternity.

#15 Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur

SPOOOON!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Football College and Pro, Video games, drawing, reading comics, and horror/action novels

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

In the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos defeated Eternity and then became Eternity.

Yeah. With the IG. Darkseid is considered a Cosmic being in DC. In Final Crisis by himself he manipulated the entire universe as he wanted and until the end, no one knew what was going on. He has survived an explosion that NOTHING in the DC universe can survive. His Omega Effect can make you caese to exist, place you into many different dimensions all at the same time. He can send you through time at a whim. I personally have never seen Thanos do anything Darkseid hasnt topped without the IG, Cosmic Cube, or Heart of the Universe. If he was so powerful he shouldnt need those devices to beat foes like Thor or Hulk. Darkseid faces down the stongest that DC has to offer and only lost to Doomsday and Superman. Thats only because his Omega Effect doesnt work on them.

#16 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:15 PM

lol you think Jobberseid has a chance?

If this is Thanos from Thanos impertaive then he stomps, because he is the avatar of death and he can not die at all. And since the Marvel and DC u are combinded, then the cancerverse is involved and Darkseid is doomed.

Darkseids Omega beam has been dodged,blocked, people used other objects as bait to dodge it,etc. Street levelers like Batman has done so. Also Thanos shields are always up and his sheilds has took blast from Galactus. Darkseid would be a field mouse to Galactus.

Now if this is pre crisis Seid, then this would be fair.

#17 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:05 PM

Not only did Thanos take a shot from Galactus but Galactus couldn't defeat him alone when Thanos had his gem and technology.

LOL your talking about someone like Galactus who could wipe out an entire solar system.

Lets not even talk about the fact Thanos destroyed the entire Marvel Universe and then restored it after he needed convincing to do it.

#18 xman4life

xman4life

Kneel before Zod

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Women, Weed, and Food. Not to mention MONEY

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:54 PM

Yeah. With the IG. Darkseid is considered a Cosmic being in DC. In Final Crisis by himself he manipulated the entire universe as he wanted and until the end, no one knew what was going on. He has survived an explosion that NOTHING in the DC universe can survive. His Omega Effect can make you caese to exist, place you into many different dimensions all at the same time. He can send you through time at a whim. I personally have never seen Thanos do anything Darkseid hasnt topped without the IG, Cosmic Cube, or Heart of the Universe. If he was so powerful he shouldnt need those devices to beat foes like Thor or Hulk. Darkseid faces down the stongest that DC has to offer and only lost to Doomsday and Superman. Thats only because his Omega Effect doesnt work on them.

thanos cant die so omega effect doesnt do anything to him. when it come to two even people the one who CANT die would normally win. lol

#19 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

thanos cant die so omega effect doesnt do anything to him. when it come to two even people the one who CANT die would normally win. lol

it's only in the Marvel universe that Thanos can't die. if the fight was taking place in the DC universe, or any place other than Marvel, then Thanos can die just like anyone else.

and the Omega effect can do a lot of things other than just killing.

#20 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:00 AM

The omega sanction can send Thanos where ever Darkseid pleases. Why does everyone underestimate him, just because he is badly written doesn't mean he is weak. The fact is Darkseid will always be greater then Thanos, Thanos is just another Kirby rip off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users