#101 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

I also guarantee that you I could, due to the fact that every single person ever gets fatigued in the time of a football game. The lactic acid starts from the first play and it doesn't slow down. In fact, it probably only speeds up. So I'll be going as all out as possible, much like Dwight Freeney will be. Will our "all out" efforts be different from each other and differ from drive to drive? Yes. Will they still be "all out" efforts? Also yes. And correct me if I'm wrong, but rushing the passer is just another word for blitzing, then it's not that hard to do it every play. Succesfully, maybe moreso difficult, but I'll just find a shitty O-line to face off against.

To your point of football guys having tons of endurance, I still disagree. While some might, those are overall good athletes. Can every player other than linemen run 4-6 miles? Possibly. However, if those miles are at 10 minute pace, they aren't really running, now are they? They can also get quite a bit of rest, especially if the other team has a good drive or whatnot. An offensive drive takes 5 minutes. That's 5 minutes rest NOT including the time-outs/reviews/blah blah that the defense has. That's a hell of a lot of rest.

Are you saying you could rush the passer like Dwight?? That is funny as hell, you are a runner so I am guessing u are tall and skinny, you would get pancaked every pay, I really dont see you getting around 300 pound lineman who have excellent technique which would trump your speed

#102 Magnamax

Magnamax

Don't feed him after midnight

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

Pretty sure it's a stress fracture in my hip but I'm too poor to get an MRI done. I'm not even the best on my team. Not even close.

I'm sorry to hear that, hope you have a speedy recovery.

#103 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:43 PM

Are you saying you could rush the passer like Dwight?? That is funny as hell, you are a runner so I am guessing u are tall and skinny, you would get pancaked every pay, I really dont see you getting around 300 pound lineman who have excellent technique which would trump your speed

I was going more at the approach that I have the muscle endurance to get up after every play and be able to go at it again. Of course I'd be killed trying, but I could try for every play.

#104 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:58 PM

I was going more at the approach that I have the muscle endurance to get up after every play and be able to go at it again. Of course I'd be killed trying, but I could try for every play.

Oh I was going to say damn have you lost your mind....but in all honesty the thing with football is, if you are not a man child then you are probably not going to play football. Thats why you see smaller kids play lacrosse, hockey etc. Football is very difficult to compete in because everyone is huge, and fast. As for the endurance issue. Yes surfer, you or other runners could easily beat NFL players in a LONG distant run, but short distant runs might be a different story. You'd be surprised how fast even the linemen are, but football endurance and runner endurance are two different things. Here is a fun fact, Deion Sanders would have his trainer be 20-30 yards away with a tennis ball, the trainer would drop the ball and before it hit the ground for the second time, Deion would have already ran and got it. That is sickening acceleration and speed.

#105 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:20 PM

Oh I was going to say damn have you lost your mind....but in all honesty the thing with football is, if you are not a man child then you are probably not going to play football. Thats why you see smaller kids play lacrosse, hockey etc. Football is very difficult to compete in because everyone is huge, and fast. As for the endurance issue. Yes surfer, you or other runners could easily beat NFL players in a LONG distant run, but short distant runs might be a different story. You'd be surprised how fast even the linemen are, but football endurance and runner endurance are two different things. Here is a fun fact, Deion Sanders would have his trainer be 20-30 yards away with a tennis ball, the trainer would drop the ball and before it hit the ground for the second time, Deion would have already ran and got it. That is sickening acceleration and speed.

I'm not questioning the short sprint speed. Some distance guys are quick, but I highly doubt that any are Devin Hester.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users