• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Robotech Master

Robotech Master

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:28 AM

Chapter 26 of War of Drekis is complete.

Its at the site at
http://robotechmaste...rekis/index.htm

#2 Guest_JJx77_*

Guest_JJx77_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

There is a tripod error on the link and it won't let me get to the site to read the chapters.

#3 Robotech Master

Robotech Master

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:05 PM

There is a tripod error on the link and it won't let me get to the site to read the chapters.

Forgot one little word at the end. Sorry. Its fixed now.

#4 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:25 PM

What an amazing undertaking. I'm making a promise to myself to read this entire thing.

#5 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

May I polish your boots, Marvel Man ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:50 PM

Are the Endless Caves in other's fan-fiction? Is it an established part of Khazan.

Great writing, btw!

#6 Robotech Master

Robotech Master

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:06 AM

Are the Endless Caves in other's fan-fiction? Is it an established part of Khazan.

Great writing, btw!

Back in the day, the Endless Caves were one of the random battleground locations that characters fought on. I'm not sure if its still there now, but yes, in the old continuity it was an established place on Khazan, just never really described in great detail except in fics.

#7 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Frost-Giants, demons, Loki, and DC fanboys. Also: Sports, Movies, Comics, TV, Games (of any sort), books, cars, girls, and Video Games.

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:08 PM

Ahh....

#8 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:06 PM

Whew, finished chapter 2...only five bijillion more chapters.

#9 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:25 PM

How long is this story supposed to be?

How long has he been writing it?

#10 Robotech Master

Robotech Master

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:02 AM

How long is this story supposed to be?

Around 54 chapters, 55 including the epilogue. I'm just under halfway done.

How long has he been writing it?

I started writing it in High School, around Junior Year I think, the year 2000. Back then the FPL had a fanfiction section where you could upload stories onto the website itself, but that didn't last too long, so by the third chapter I started the website. I finished Part I, Chapters 1-5, that year. I started Part II in my senior year, and continued it into my early college days, finishing it at Chapter 15 somewhere around 2002-2003.

I then started Part III, but I got about halfway when I hit my serious college days, really deep into my major, so I didn't really have a lot of time to write anymore. The project kind of slowed down to a crawl at that point. It slowed even more when I got into graduate school, and soon all of my writing time was devoted to my Thesis, which was, in fact, a Fantasy novel.

I graduated with my MA in 2008, and finished the remaining chapters of Part III around that time. Now I've returned to the project and have started Part IV; about half my writing time goes to this and the other half goes to editing and reworking my Fantasy novel.

#11 Tarvius

Tarvius

Ironwolverorschach Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:57 PM

You're an inspiration Robotech.

#12 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

Still Here, somehow.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:13 PM

...soon all of my writing time was devoted to my Thesis, which was, in fact, a Fantasy novel.

Is there any possibility we could see this?

#13 Robotech Master

Robotech Master

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:31 PM

Is there any possibility we could see this?

Maybe, but I'm still working on the first book, and I'm not sure what method I'd use that I'd be comfortable with, throwing that out onto the web and all.

I'd probably be safe with posting the Thesis specifically (One of the late revisions of Chapters 1-6), since that is available, both as a printed copy and an electronic file, at California State University Sacramento,and thus has a date/rights etc.

#14 MarvelFan15

MarvelFan15

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:56 PM

Around 54 chapters, 55 including the epilogue. I'm just under halfway done.

I started writing it in High School, around Junior Year I think, the year 2000. Back then the FPL had a fanfiction section where you could upload stories onto the website itself, but that didn't last too long, so by the third chapter I started the website. I finished Part I, Chapters 1-5, that year. I started Part II in my senior year, and continued it into my early college days, finishing it at Chapter 15 somewhere around 2002-2003.

I then started Part III, but I got about halfway when I hit my serious college days, really deep into my major, so I didn't really have a lot of time to write anymore. The project kind of slowed down to a crawl at that point. It slowed even more when I got into graduate school, and soon all of my writing time was devoted to my Thesis, which was, in fact, a Fantasy novel.

I graduated with my MA in 2008, and finished the remaining chapters of Part III around that time. Now I've returned to the project and have started Part IV; about half my writing time goes to this and the other half goes to editing and reworking my Fantasy novel.

Such dedication...

#15 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:37 PM

Question: You still have a million chapters to go. So, do you plan on incorporating the death of the old Khazan? Are you going to incorporate new FPL characters when the site comes up? Just so you know, I have one old HoF character in the wiki and one other old one I plan on entering. *hint hint jab jab*

#16 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:30 AM

I'm at Chapter 9, slowly but surely I'll catch up with Robotech and then force him to write at my pace of reading.

#17 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:25 PM

Slowly, but surely I'm trekking along this storyline. I've finally reached chapter 18: Fury and it is the shizzlenizzynizzle! The Unstoppable Drekis army vs. The legendary Fallen at the Fallen tower itself! With Drekis in the lead!! Marc Dollar, Deyvn, Zalrafal!! Excellent stuff. I may be a little more giddy and the leader of the FPL fanclub, but if you really want to know more about the original world of the FPL, this is the story to read (Plus, the only one you may find). Also, you can follow Robotech's growth as a writer. Chapter 18 is vastly superior to Chapter 1 and everything up till the former. I think Robotech told me once he graduated highschool around Chapter 10? I think this is right. Regardless, this is great reading for any FPL fan. Highly recommended. FPLFanboy#1 out. LULZ!!

Oh and we definitely need a new archive of characters to create something like this again. Hell, I might do it.

#18 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:03 AM

Finished. That's it. No more. Chapter 26 is completed. Now what? I guess on to Apocalypse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users