Match 7219 The Xenomorphs vs. Vampires (30 Days of Night)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_callisto_*

Guest_callisto_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

Just after the end of the film Alien vs Predator, Bouvetoya, 2004...Alexa Woods was the only survivor of the events in the pyramid two thousand feet below Bouvetoya. HBut her battle wasnt over. One of the small, hand-like creatures that had latched onto her fellow explorers faces had survived too. It crawled onto the vehicle Alexa used to drive back to the ship, and just before she reached the saftey of the ship it jumped at her. She screamed, only for a second, as the creature clamped onto her face, and forced its egg-laying apendage into her throught... Alexa woke up aboard the boat, heading home. She had been found by some of the crew members, and taken aboard.After returning home, and giving a fake statement of the events that had occurred so as to not seem insane, Alexa had quickly had to return to work. She lead a group of young explorers up a small mountain on the edge of Alaska, and when they reached the summit, she sat down to rest. Suddenly she felt a pain in her chest. She clasped at it, gasping for air. Another pain, as if somethign was pushing against her ribs, form the inside!"Aaaagh! Oh, sh*t! Whats happening?!" Alexa yelled."Whats wrong? Are you ok?" Asked one of the young men, stepping over to her."No, i - AAAAGGGHHH!!!" Suddenly, with a loud cracking, ripping noise, a creature burts viciously through her chest, spraying the young man with blood. As the explorers screamed for help, the small, snake-like creature wriggled away down the mountain. Alexa died a nightmarish death that day, to give life to a nightmarish creature. A creature that would squirm and crawl and make its way across Alaska, all the while growing, and eventualy coming to the town of Barrow...Just before the film 30 Days of Night, Barrow, Alaska, 2007...Sheriff Eben Oleson was investigating the strange, greusome deaths of several people in his home town of Barrow, less than a week before the 30 whole days of pure nighttime descended on the town. It wasnt ideal. He wanted to go home and prepare for the coming darkness, but instead he was investigating murders. Eben was looking at several bodies whose ribbs seemed to have been ripped open. He deduced from the angle that they had been ripped open from the inside, which made no sense. There couldnt have been anything inside them that could have broken out like this. Then again, there were the hand-like creatures lying next to each body. They were organic, living things, or had been, as they now appeared to be dead. Neither Eben nor any of the other law enforcers or townsfolk had seen anything like them before. They were deffinitely not local.Just then, Eben's radio crackled."Um, Sheriff Eben, we got something else for you to check out.." came the worried sounding voice of his fellow cop form the other end."Is it as screwed up as this ribb-ripping thing?" He asked, feeling nautious at the thought of something worse."No...well, kinda. Its pretty f*ucked up Sheriff...""Ok, great... Where are you?" Groaned Eben."Im with the sleigh-dogs. Or whats left of them. You better get here quick. But i wanr ya, its not pretty."Eben was drving towards where the dogs were kept, when something darted accross his windscreen. He breaked violently, and yelled out loud as he came to a sudden hault. It had moved at incredible speed, but he could swear the thing had looked like a human sized, black dog. He got out of the car, and looked around. There was nobody in sight. "Hmm. Guess i didnt hit it hard enough." He smiled at his own joke, and was about to get back in the car when he heard a loud hissing noise behind him. He turned just in time to see the razor-toothed mouth of vicious, obsidian black spikey creature lunge towards him. He was devoured in minuits.Over the next few hours, the Xenomorphs attacked the town, killing everyone the found. The Queen that had burst from Alexa's chest three years ago had been in hiding, deep under ground, near the town of Barrow, for the entire time. She had waited, laying egg after egg, until eventualy some careless travelors had found her secret cave, and had become the first of many victims of the facehuggers. That had been two months ago. Although there were only a few Xenomorphs, they had overrun the town rather quickly, and had killed many people, captured many more, and drven the rest into hiding.They did not count of the arrival of the Vampires, however. Marlowe lead his Vampires into the town on the first of the 30 days of night. Thirsting and frustrated, he and his Vampires were more than ready to feats on the blood of a town of human cattle. So when they arrived to a town in ruin, with only half its population left alive, and in hiding, they became very angry indeed. Marlowe's eyes twitched as he saw a movement at the corner of an ally way. He walked calmly over to it, and gazed into the darkness. There was a loud hissing noise, and suddenly a black, spiked creature lept from the ally at Marlowe, who dived out of the way, and slashed at the creature as it passed him. The two monsters faced each other, as more reared their heads above the shadows. The Vampires turned to observe the fight that was about to ensue. Marlowe waited for the creature to strike first, which it did, with unexpected speed, so its first slash was a hit. The Vampire leader grinned relishing the challenge, and swipped at the creatures eyeless face. It reared back, hissed, and dived at him again, and again the Vampire dodged it. As it passed him he clawed its back, but pulled his hand back as he realised the creatures blood was acidic, and was buring away at his fingers. Enranged, he kicked the creature hard, sending it flying backwards, then picked up a crowbar that was lying in the ally way. As Marlowe strolled towards it, he raised the crowbar and screamed. His vampiric minions screamed with him and he plunged the crowbad down through the creatures head, pinning it to the floor and killing it instantly.Once Marlowe and his vampiric fellows had observed enough of the town, they were called to the town centre, where Marlowe stood encircled by his minions, and spoke in their harsh, anchient language, explaining the situation. They clearly had competition, and they didnt want it. Marlowe had formulated a plan. They were to use anything they could to kill these new enemies, and they were to turn any humans they found into Vampires so as to streangthen their numbers. The humans, he was sure, would rather become Vampires than die by the hands of the vicious serpent-like monsters.And so the war between Vampires and Xenomorphs began...________________________________________________________________________Summary:The Vampires from 30 Days of Night. They have Marlowe, their leader, the original group of Vampires and half the towns worth of people recently turned into Vampires, they can use anything they can find in the town, including vehicles, guns, etc.vsThe Xenomorphs from the Alien franchise. They have half the towns worth of Alien warriors and a few other warriors, several Dog Aliens, and a Queen. - Its a fight to extermination, which ever side kills all of the other side first wins, even if that side has only one survivor.- They are in the town of Burrow, and neither side will go anywhere else as they both want the territory, and the humans that come with it.- It is during the 30 days of night, so sunlight is not a problem for the Vampires for 30 days.Have fun with this. Hope y'all enjoy it. I thought is was a pretty good fight. Who wins? I leave it entirely in your hands…

#2 corvette1710

corvette1710

The Bastard Child of Sarcasm and Hypocrisy

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Durr.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

The plot's pretty good, there were a few grammatical errors, but it was quite a fun read, all in all... I would think that the Xenos win because of their amazing speed and agility. They also seem to have more prep and weapons that the 30DON Vamps.

#3 skadoosh

skadoosh

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts
  • Interests:Comics, books, films, people.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:07 PM

The plot's pretty good, there were a few grammatical errors, but it was quite a fun read, all in all... I would think that the Xenos win because of their amazing speed and agility. They also seem to have more prep and weapons that the 30DON Vamps.

Thanks for the comment dude. Im glad you liked the set-up. I actualy thought the Vampires would make use of the prep time more, getting weapons and vehicles and whatnot. The Xenomorphs dont use weapons or vehicles, so they would only really use the prep time to get to know their surroundings, and to take more humans to the hive to be inpregnated with Alien embryos.

Thanks for your opinion dude.

#4 mygod3

mygod3

Cannon Fodder

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:02 PM

I also think the Xenos because of their acid and because of their queen. If the seen predator you see how big she is and how hard she is to kill. But the Xenos will definitely win this also because of their strength and agility.

#5 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

I also think the Xenos because of their acid and because of their queen. If the seen predator you see how big she is and how hard she is to kill. But the Xenos will definitely win this also because of their strength and agility.

Thanks for the comment dude.

#6 Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes)

Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes)

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:20 AM

Vampires suck blood.

The blood of a Xenomorph is acid.

Xenomorphs win.

#7 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

The Xenomorphs win.

For one, their exoskeleton is hard enough to withstand against low caliber bullets. Repeated shots however will wear down against the Xenomorph exoskeleton but never the less, this will be a crucial advantage for the Xenomorph drones. Therefore, this would make them quite resistant to blunt force trauma.

Also add into the fact that if a Vampire so much as tries to kill one, either close quarters combat or with firearms, they will end up more than likely dead as the acid blood stream is so highly pressurized that the Xenomorph's blood will more than likely splash onto the Vampires and dissolve away at them to the point where if it bleeds on them, it WILL kill them.

In close quarter's combat, the Xenomorphs are slightly stronger than the Vampires, perhaps even faster as well. And since there are a few Dog-Aliens, these quys will be much more aggressive and much faster than the usual Xenomorph, more than likely, this will be a problem for the vampires.

And since they have a Queen, well.. the Xenomorphs generally share a Hive mind, so whatever one Alien knows, will be telepathically relayed to the Queen and the entire Hive will know how to deal with the Vampire threat. They will focus on gathering the remaining humans, use them to increase their numbers.

With the numbers and swarming on their side... Xenomorphs win after a long, fought out battle.

-Rakai'Thwei

#8 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

Vampires suck blood.

The blood of a Xenomorph is acid.

Xenomorphs win.

Thats some nice logic right there.

#9 skadoosh

skadoosh

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

The Xenomorphs win.

For one, their exoskeleton is hard enough to withstand against low caliber bullets. Repeated shots however will wear down against the Xenomorph exoskeleton but never the less, this will be a crucial advantage for the Xenomorph drones. Therefore, this would make them quite resistant to blunt force trauma.

Also add into the fact that if a Vampire so much as tries to kill one, either close quarters combat or with firearms, they will end up more than likely dead as the acid blood stream is so highly pressurized that the Xenomorph's blood will more than likely splash onto the Vampires and dissolve away at them to the point where if it bleeds on them, it WILL kill them.

In close quarter's combat, the Xenomorphs are slightly stronger than the Vampires, perhaps even faster as well. And since there are a few Dog-Aliens, these quys will be much more aggressive and much faster than the usual Xenomorph, more than likely, this will be a problem for the vampires.

And since they have a Queen, well.. the Xenomorphs generally share a Hive mind, so whatever one Alien knows, will be telepathically relayed to the Queen and the entire Hive will know how to deal with the Vampire threat. They will focus on gathering the remaining humans, use them to increase their numbers.

With the numbers and swarming on their side... Xenomorphs win after a long, fought out battle.

-Rakai'Thwei

Thanks for the comment dude! Long, detailed answer. Always good.

Although i guess i didnt make it clear enough that the numbers of each side start off equal, and they can increase them.

#10 DamagingRob

DamagingRob

The Light In The Darkness

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,740 posts
  • Interests:See About Me page.

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:37 AM

I think the setups awesome, but I can't see the vampires winning this one. i give it an "it's good"

#11 skuzzy-punk-kid

skuzzy-punk-kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

In this case, I would have to give this fight to the vampires. I've thought long and hard about this one. Vampires are afflicted with a supernatural curse (not a virus); their physical strength would exceed a xenomorph drone's strength (though not by far, a typical vampire would not be able to engage an Alien Queen). This same curse of vampirism would also help them heal injuries (provided that they feed). Also, vampires are not as bestial as the xenomorphs. True, if one would manage to rend a xenomorph, and observes the effects of its acidic blood, a vampire would do well to learn to stay clear of the spray. One reckless vampire would probably perish by getting doused, but that doesn't mean all vampires would do the same; one would observe and adapt. If a vampire is studious enough, he/she would be wise enough not to attempt to bite the xenomorph.
Vampires also have certain feats, such as unnatural speed, the aforementioned physical strength, some are able to read thoughts, see in total darkness, some are able to defy gravity and even levitate, but I would imagine the most powerful vampires have the abilities to control weaker beings, transform into creatures of the night (including the winged Hell Beast)...and there might be some abilities that escape me at this moment.
Vampirism also works this way: if a xenomorph dispatches a vampire in its typical method, xenomorphs would not be affected by vampirism as this curse evolved on this Earth...which only affects Earths creatures. Xenomorphs did not evolve on this Earth, as their genetic bases are completely different, thus would not be affected by vampirism. Also, take this to account: all animals get startled and react violently in the presence of vampires; there should be no reason to think xenomorphs would not react the same way. Xenomorphs are naturally aggressive, so it wouldn't surprise me to see xenomorphs attack out of fear.
On the context of blood, vampires would also not be able to draw strength from xenomorph blood; not just because of its acidic properties, but due to the fact that xenomorph blood does not have the same gene bases as terrestrial blood. As I stated before, vampirism only affects terrestrial organisms. Also remember the traditional methods of dispatching vampires: impalation through the heart, immolation and exposure to sunlight, garlic and holy water. The only way xenomorphs would adapt to counter vampiric aggressors would be if the Queen figures out what they are and passes down new orders through her hive collective.

Please note that in no way have I referenced the Twilight movies. The films I used for reference are Dracula (and to a certain extent... Van Helsing), the Lost Boys, Fright Night, and to a lesser degree...the Underworld series.

#12 DSkillz

DSkillz

'Member me?

• Administrators
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the 'Net, playing and watching basketball, reading, playing video games, writing, going to the movies, watching TV, traveling

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

-cut-

Hmmm, a new and very long, detailed post in response to a year-old match...

Welcome to electricferret but, um, next time you read an old match and want to discuss it, please make a topic for the matchup in the CBUB Rumbles Forum.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users