105 replies to this topic

#101 Artemis Entreri

Artemis Entreri

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:40 AM

C'mon everyone lets play nice... We all complain about the site in one way or the other but its very discouraging when a decent topics thread gets trash over petty bickering.

No one ever has to LIKE anyone elses opinon but in the hopes of having any civilized conversation atleast try to either respeact that persons right to have that opinon, or just simply ignore that persons post. I personally been in some of the harshest flame wars on this site of late... Although I feel my views were right and sound I respected the other debaters right to his or her opinon.

I understand both RBB and Ivan's argument. With all due respect Ivan, although I tend to side with your views more than the others, you do come across to the younger less mature members as harsh and condensending. But I also understand that you are trying to better the site. The conflict you face is that with time comes change and it's clear you are not ready to give this site over to noobs who seem not to appreciate what you guys built.

RBB, you need to grow thicker skin and learn from whatever a person tells you. I don't know you personally but it is clear Ivan's in clear control of YOUR emotional state. I say this because he seems to willingly or uwillingly push your buttons. To give any person that power to effect you, (or as I call it) knock you off your square, is in my opinon lowering oneself. I am never the one to back down from a good debate but I also try to keep personal attacks out of it.

Both of you have destroyed this thread that I believe was a vaild topic. Please notice that most people that were debating has since abandon the topic... Or worst, stop posting in order to read you guys arguments. That's not fair to the person who created this thread are the others who searched for answers on this thread.

But then again this is just my opinon...!

#102 Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur

SPOOOON!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Football College and Pro, Video games, drawing, reading comics, and horror/action novels

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:02 PM

C'mon everyone lets play nice... We all complain about the site in one way or the other but its very discouraging when a decent topics thread gets trash over petty bickering.

No one ever has to LIKE anyone elses opinon but in the hopes of having any civilized conversation atleast try to either respeact that persons right to have that opinon, or just simply ignore that persons post. I personally been in some of the harshest flame wars on this site of late... Although I feel my views were right and sound I respected the other debaters right to his or her opinon.

I understand both RBB and Ivan's argument. With all due respect Ivan, although I tend to side with your views more than the others, you do come across to the younger less mature members as harsh and condensending. But I also understand that you are trying to better the site. The conflict you face is that with time comes change and it's clear you are not ready to give this site over to noobs who seem not to appreciate what you guys built.

RBB, you need to grow thicker skin and learn from whatever a person tells you. I don't know you personally but it is clear Ivan's in clear control of YOUR emotional state. I say this because he seems to willingly or uwillingly push your buttons. To give any person that power to effect you, (or as I call it) knock you off your square, is in my opinon lowering oneself. I am never the one to back down from a good debate but I also try to keep personal attacks out of it.

Both of you have destroyed this thread that I believe was a vaild topic. Please notice that most people that were debating has since abandon the topic... Or worst, stop posting in order to read you guys arguments. That's not fair to the person who created this thread are the others who searched for answers on this thread.

But then again this is just my opinon...!

I started out simply talking about the topics but like always. Ivan doesnt like that in a comic book fight debating site that people want to use valid facts to debate. Nothing forces him to comment or even read the fights but since he doesnt like it, it is wrong. I'm just not one to back down from a fight whether it be physical or verbal.

While yes in my earlier days I had both RBB and Kain59 I have asked repeatedly that the Kain59 profile be deleted. Whether people believe or not chevy and Darkseid are my brothers accounts. He had chevy and couldnt remember the password and thats why he created a new account to see what all the fuss was about.

I simply enjoy coming on here and discussing facts and opinions but yes it pisses me off when you have and opinion and people blatantly say it is wrong when in reality they don't get the option to have a say on it. Its there opinion and no one elses.

Either way Im done with this arguement and have nothing else to say.

#103 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:35 PM

Yes you are correct in saying that. I meant that just because you might know French, doesn't guarantee you know any Latin. That's all.

I have never heard any Creole spoken except Cajun, but to really understand that language without knowing it I think you would need to speak both French and English. There are certain things that are ornamental, like adding "n'est-ce pas" to questions, that are really style choices that have been built into structure through repeated use.

By the way, Stranglehold, did you create the character Entelijan? You used the word earlier so I was just wondering.

True.

Yes,I did use Entelijan,it means intelligent, I was going to compare it to the French version, but then I just dropped it.

#104 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

...Even though I didn't want this flame war in the first place, I will admit, that I kinda agree that RBB could be telling the truth about the Chevy and Darksied account, because I think if you ask Threedark,or maybe even Landon, I used to have ND5, until I forgot the account, and I asked TD to delete it. So forgetting passwords could be very likely.

#105 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

I'm not some dweeb who is trying to hide behind a fake persona. I willingly show who I am because unlike most of you I have nothing to hide.

Is someone going to sig this or can I have it?

#106 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

Go ahead. I've already sigged one. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users