11 replies to this topic

#1 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

This is for any and everyone. Magnus's Future Imperfect RP is up and running. I've been improvising on his orginal storyline as it moves along. I was wondering if some of you could, when you have time, read it over and tell me what you think of it so far. Its turning into quite the space soap opera, imo, but I'd like to know what other people think. If you get time look it over and send me feedback here. Thanks in advance.
~CDpool

#2 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

By the way, if there is anyone else interested in joining in, the plot, scenario and character development info is in the RP Planinng Board forum. I'm sure we could use another couple of good men or women rogue type characters/players to flesh out the RP.

#3 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

Still Here, somehow.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:44 PM

Cosmic Deadpool, were you sharpshooter on the old site?

I was totally into it until I read your posts. In ONE POST you score the trifecta of RPing taboos. You speak for another player's character, you kill off an NPC, and show abilities far, FAR beyond the points you took and should be possible. You auto-kill an NPC in the middle of a crowded bar and then seem to think nothing will happen.

But you don't stop there; you continue to stick your middle finger into the asshole of RPing by continuing all conversations yourself (in a single paragraph with no tails, I have no earthly idea who's talking), give yourself +5 swords and a bag of holding, and then, not content, BEGIN A PLOT!

You are not "improvising;" you are not even roleplaying. You're pushing everyone else's dice off the table, grabbing the Dungeon Master's screen and beginning your own NOVEL. Even if Magnus gave you permission to start something, you are powergaming through the story to a magnitude not even sharpshooter ever accomplished. Bra-freaking-vo.

#4 ThreeDark

ThreeDark

Hobbit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:cacoethes scribendi

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:50 PM

Verily thou asks and thou doth receiveth.

Doth not seek the flame and not expect to get burnt.

Good thing we have that other burn ward open for you.

#5 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:42 AM

Ouch... a lesson learned...but in my defense and to answer your question..

Cosmic Deadpool, were you sharpshooter on the old site?

Nope, never heard of him. I was akabrucewayne.

As for your assessment of my RP acts of treason, since when is hiding in shadows such a big deal?
And noo one was killed in the middle of a crowded bar. It was in a corner where it was already stated that no one was paying attention to the group and with a knife, so very little noise. And once again, in a shadows.

But you don't stop there; you continue to stick your middle finger into the asshole of RPing by continuing all conversations yourself

First that analogy is a little extreme, and a little disturbing. Second, if you'd bothered to notice, the trend of speaking for the absent players was started by the author of the RP and continued by the only two remaining player chars. The purpose was to get to through the point of introductions. Some of the other players already explained that they would not be as accessible to contribute as they'd like.

give yourself +5 swords and a bag of holding

I have no idea what either of these thing are...

You are not "improvising;" you are not even roleplaying.

Of course I was. Sure I could have waited two weeks or a month in between posting, amd waited for the other players to contribute. But not everyone has the time on their hands that I do to contribute.

You're pushing everyone else's dice off the table, grabbing the Dungeon Master's screen and beginning your own NOVEL.

I'll admit that maybe I got carried away here. Touche'

Now I really do appreciate the feedback. But I didn't do anything differently than the other active players. I simply chose to move the RP along. And followed the same protocol as every other RP in the Forums here. So if I stepped on my fellow players toes, then to them I apologize.

Did I go to far? Meh, I haven't heard the other players complain and if you notice we not only all followed the same protocol, the other players are still following it.

I'm here to learn as well as contribute, so I'll take this lesson, with a grain of salt.

#6 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:43 AM

Just to make it official, my deepest apologies to all player characters involved for going above and beyond the allowable acts concerning roleplaying, as well as the aforementioned finger in the ass thingy...

#7 silversurfer092

silversurfer092

Yeezus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:27 AM

The author made conversation with NPC's because that's what the author is supposed to do. He can kill off NPC's and make them talk. NPC's are basically his characters. No one else should be controlling them, but you killed one off. Not allowed. +5 swords and a bag of holding means you probably upgraded your guy when he wasn't supposed to have whatever you gave him, such as better sword skill and extra items.

#8 Cosmic Deadpool

Cosmic Deadpool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:06 PM

The author made conversation with NPC's because that's what the author is supposed to do. He can kill off NPC's and make them talk. NPC's are basically his characters. No one else should be controlling them, but you killed one off. Not allowed. +5 swords and a bag of holding means you probably upgraded your guy when he wasn't supposed to have whatever you gave him, such as better sword skill and extra items.

Ahh. Duly noted. Thanks Surf.

#9 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:10 PM

Well, I don't speak for Exal, but I'd consider that roleplaying. Hell, I do that myself. :huh:

#10 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:12 PM

Anyway, what's up CD?

#11 Magnus

Magnus

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:21 PM

Ok, As far as things go I’m not too upset about the current events. First chapter was mainly to get to know the characters and get a feel. That, and my lack of updating makes CD’s choice to move things along ok.

But Exal does have a point. From here on it’s back to a solid RP action. Nominate what you’re character is attempting to do, flesh it out. Don’t talk for other people’s characters.

Everything’s cool from here.

#12 Sir Exal

Sir Exal

Still Here, somehow.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Promising myself I'll change and then never doing it.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:26 PM

More merciful than I would be.

Nova Force Nova, have you ever actually roleplayed? Let me tell you, if you said stuff like "I kill the guy in the corner," and "First I say this than his character says this," you would quite quickly be clubbed by a bag of d20s and left in a ditch. And that's a no on that huge signature picture. It's almost a page tall and stretches out the board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users