70 replies to this topic

#21 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:07 PM

His powers over molecules are minimal at best, Iron Man's crystallized armor would be out of Mag's range.

Magneto can't control molecules -shrug- but his control over the electro-magnetic field holding the atomic particles together is just as great as his control over any other kind of electro-magnetism.

to summarize: the armor gets dissolved around Stark. which leaves him a non-entity. or at worst, a minor annoyance.

#22 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:12 AM

Thank you for ignoring my post. Iron Man has an antimagnetic field in his armor.

Posted Image

You have to zoom the pic to see the dialogue, but Magneto's magnetism powers do not affect Tony.

mangneto could change the the field into magnetic energy that would just be a minor set back .

#23 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:00 AM

Magneto can't control molecules -shrug- but his control over the electro-magnetic field holding the atomic particles together is just as great as his control over any other kind of electro-magnetism.

to summarize: the armor gets dissolved around Stark. which leaves him a non-entity. or at worst, a minor annoyance.

No its not, as he's only seldom done it, and even that with great effort, in fact he hasn't done it since after M. And thats with normal materials, hyper crystalized metals that can take nuclear explosions are impossible. Even if he does manage to do that, he's easy pickings for anyone else, hell, even a regular guy can come up and kick Mags around after that. And besides, as shown, Iron Man's feild prevents MAgneto to tamper with his armor in any way.

#24 comic_book_fan

comic_book_fan

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:33 PM

The Avenngers have Thor. I don't see any of those X-Men beating a Norse god.

magneto has taken on all the avengers including thor and all the x-men before .
i am going to go nuts if i hear the thor wins because he is a god argument 1 more time.

#25 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Women, Comics, Games, Music, Clubs, Movies, and more.

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:45 PM

Yeah its true Ironman ever since New Avengers or even before has had his armor to be protected against Magneto.

Ironman even said in New Avengers that he had his armor protected against Magneto after the last encounter with him.

X-Men won't be able to take down both Thor and Dr.Strange.

They don't have anybody on either of those levels to combat them.

Rogue, Namor, and Cyclop's excellent strategies are the X-Men's only hope.

#26 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:51 AM

No its not, as he's only seldom done it, and even that with great effort, in fact he hasn't done it since after M. And thats with normal materials, hyper crystalized metals that can take nuclear explosions are impossible. Even if he does manage to do that, he's easy pickings for anyone else, hell, even a regular guy can come up and kick Mags around after that. And besides, as shown, Iron Man's feild prevents MAgneto to tamper with his armor in any way.

so you're saying that somehow, the atoms in Iron Mans armor, are different than the atoms in other kinds of matter?

bullshit.

it is correct that Magneto has rarely used the ability to dissolve matter by removing the electro-magnetic bonds holding the atoms, or even sub-atomic particles, together, however it is not true that it takes "great effort", great effort is something like permanently changing the magnetic field of the entire Planet, or creating a wormhole to another galaxy. not something as simple as removing minute amounts of electro-magnetism.

he also rarely uses wormholes to travel around on the planet, but that doesn't mean that he can't, or won't, do it when necessary.

Yeah its true Ironman ever since New Avengers or even before has had his armor to be protected against Magneto.

Ironman even said in New Avengers that he had his armor protected against Magneto after the last encounter with him.

X-Men won't be able to take down both Thor and Dr.Strange.

They don't have anybody on either of those levels to combat them.

Rogue, Namor, and Cyclop's excellent strategies are the X-Men's only hope.

Iron Mans armor is protected against large scale magnetic manipulation, yes. that does not mean that Magneto is powerless against Iron Man.

the only way you are completely protected from Magneto, other than having similar powers and being able to counter him, is to remove any and all electro-magnetic energy from yourself, and since doing that would mean Killing yourself, i doubt anyone is gonna do that anytime soon.

and i've already pointed out how the X-men could defeat this roster of the Avengers.

#27 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:13 AM

so you're saying that somehow, the atoms in Iron Mans armor, are different than the atoms in other kinds of matter?

bullshit.

it is correct that Magneto has rarely used the ability to dissolve matter by removing the electro-magnetic bonds holding the atoms, or even sub-atomic particles, together, however it is not true that it takes "great effort", great effort is something like permanently changing the magnetic field of the entire Planet, or creating a wormhole to another galaxy. not something as simple as removing minute amounts of electro-magnetism.

he also

Iron Mans armor is protected against large scale magnetic manipulation, yes. that does not mean that Magneto is powerless against Iron Man.

the only way you are completely protected from Magneto, other than having similar powers and being able to counter him, is to remove any and all electro-magnetic energy from yourself, and since doing that would mean Killing yourself, i doubt anyone is gonna do that anytime soon.

and i've already pointed out how the X-men could defeat this roster of the Avengers.

Yes they are different, the atomic structure is much harder to manipulate. If he could do it on a regular basis, he would have. There are countless times that he could have used this power to his benefit, but he hasn't, and that shows that either A) It takes a large amount of energy to do it or :huh: He has some kind of personal vandetta against using it. We all know Magneto's hatred toward humans so B is out and that leaves A. In either case, If Magneto hasn't used it against bigger priorities than Iron Man, then he's probably not gonna use it against Iron Man.

#28 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:40 PM

Yes they are different, the atomic structure is much harder to manipulate.

do me(and yourself) a favor... go find your physics teacher, and inform him(or her) that he/she sucks at his/her job.

all Atoms are fundamentally the same, they are created of Protons, Neutrons and Electrons.

now, what Magneto is capable of doing, is the he can remove the Electro-Magnetic bonds in the atoms.

the Electro-Magnetic bonds is what keeps the Electrons flying around the Protons instead of flying off.

so, the effect of Magneto doing something as Simple, as removing any electro-magnetic energy from Iron Mans armor, would be that every single electron in the atoms of his armor, goes flying. that means, that every single Atom in his armor would be instantly dissolved, leaving Tony Stark with no armor.

if he extends the field in which he removes the electro-magnetic energy, he would also instantly dissolve Tony Stark himself, not just his armor.

If he could do it on a regular basis, he would have. There are countless times that he could have used this power to his benefit, but he hasn't, and that shows that either A) It takes a large amount of energy to do it or :huh: He has some kind of personal vandetta against using it. We all know Magneto's hatred toward humans so B is out and that leaves A. In either case, If Magneto hasn't used it against bigger priorities than Iron Man, then he's probably not gonna use it against Iron Man.

no, it shows that C, the writers are aware that Magneto is extremely overpowered, and they are holding him back so that the comics are actually interesting and gives his opponents a fighting chance. kinda like they've done with Silver Surfer, Thanos, Nate Grey, Cable, etc. etc. etc.

and it shows that D, Magneto is not the hero of the comics and thus he never wins. it is for that purpose that sites like CBUB were created, to give a Realistic outcome of various fights, where people don't get held back for being overpowered, and where people don't automatically win or lose, simply because they are the hero or villain.

Magneto's powers: "Magneto possesses the power to control all forms of magnetism. He can shape and manipulate magnetic fields that exist naturally or artificially." - Marvel.com

"Although Magneto’s primary power is control over magnetism, he can also project or manipulate any form of energy that is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, including visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma rays, and x-rays." - Marvel.com

this shows quite clearly that he easily has the Power to do it, now:

Magneto's Skills: "Magneto is a genius within various scientific fields. He is an expert on genetic engineering and mutation, with knowledge far beyond that of contemporary science."

"He has designed magnetically-powered aircraft and spacecraft, complex robots and computers, and magnetically-powered generators and created artificial living beings, space stations said to possess technology even Reed Richards would envy, and machines capable of nullifying mutant powers within a radius of several miles."

"Magneto has mastered many technological fields, and is an expert on genetic manipulation and engineering, with knowledge far beyond that of contemporary science."

this shows that he most definitely has the Knowledge and Skill to do it.

Bottom Line: since Iron Man is not staring in his own comic, and does not have the advantage of being the 'hero', and since Magneto is not being held back by writers needing to keep the comics interesting. Iron Man has no chance, whatsoever, and his armor gets removed from him in split seconds.

#29 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:46 PM

I give this to te X-men. Magneto plays a big part. Because after the comic Fatal Attraction Magneto got a damn upgrade and he has become stronger.

Also is this Death persnona gambit and is thi God Cable. Because the OP doesn't really give us details.

Does Magneto have enough force and forcus to stop Thors hammer,since its made out of uru which is metal.

#30 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

Oh crap you know what I just released if Magneto is real powerful he could pull off
what he did in the Ultimate Universe with ease.

I remember in one fight against the X-Men he was throwing trains, cars, and more at them.

If Magneto is at full power then yeah the Avengers would be in trouble.

#31 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:28 PM

Oh crap you know what I just released if Magneto is real powerful he could pull off
what he did in the Ultimate Universe with ease.

I remember in one fight against the X-Men he was throwing trains, cars, and more at them.

If Magneto is at full power then yeah the Avengers would be in trouble.

Magneto is a badass in the ultimate verse, but I am talking about the 616 one, he has gottening more power.

Magneto is not limit to only metal but can manipulate all magnetic forces of the earth and bio-electrical patterns of all living things. He can draw on and use the magnetosphere of the planet, which extends far into space.

I one read a comic where Magneto was opening the planet.

Found it,Magneto shows his control over electromagnetic forces by creating a planet sized electromagnetic pulse that disables every electrical device and machine of Earth:

Posted Image

"verything, everyone is connected to magnetosphere", this scan proves that Magneto is able to tap on it:
Posted Image

As I said again Magneto does not only control Metal but also electricity.
Posted Image

I think Storm powers can give him a boost, which it will and she did before. That said I think Magneto will be a huge player for teamX-men. Magneto I think has defeated Thor on some encounters.

#32 bigballerju

bigballerju

The Last Son of Krypton

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,316 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

I think it depends on how pissed off Magneto gets. If the Avengers tick him off they will have tidal waves higher then cities, earthquakes, and more.

Not to mention Magneto will start destroying cities and bridges with ease.

Like I said it depends on his anger and power level. If not anger then making sure that the Mutant race survives.

Those are the things it usually comes down to with Magneto.

#33 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

I think it depends on how pissed off Magneto gets. If the Avengers tick him off they will have tidal waves higher then cities, earthquakes, and more.

Not to mention Magneto will start destroying cities and bridges with ease.

Like I said it depends on his anger and power level. If not anger then making sure that the Mutant race survives.

Those are the things it usually comes down to with Magneto.

True.

But I still think he can take Thor and also Storm can power him up.

#34 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:47 PM

Yes, Magneto is a serious powerhouse, we all know that. Has anyone read the Marvel Zombies series? Magneto took them all on in an abandoned city. The man was throwing everybody around. He's his team's biggest threat.

Having said that, I'd still put Thor over him. Mags can't lift that thing due to the magical enchantment, and he can't match him in speed or brute strength. Yes, he has tons of raw energy, but so does Thor. It'd be a good fight, but I'd put Thor over him every day.

Note: If we're using Magneto's electron manipulating power level, then it's only fair we upgrade some Avengers. Odin Force Thor? Classic Dr. Strange?

#35 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

Yes, Magneto is a serious powerhouse, we all know that. Has anyone read the Marvel Zombies series? Magneto took them all on in an abandoned city. The man was throwing everybody around. He's his team's biggest threat.

Having said that, I'd still put Thor over him. Mags can't lift that thing due to the magical enchantment, and he can't match him in speed or brute strength. Yes, he has tons of raw energy, but so does Thor. It'd be a good fight, but I'd put Thor over him every day.

Note: If we're using Magneto's electron manipulating power level, then it's only fair we upgrade some Avengers. Odin Force Thor? Classic Dr. Strange?

I may be wrong, but hasn't Magneto beaten Thor in the past?

Here is Magneto taking on the whole Avengers by himself.

Posted Image

Also I found the scan of him opening the Earth.
Posted Image

#36 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

Posted Image

Can someone explain the context to me? This seems oddly pointless. Couldn't he have just redirected the missiles or whatever?

#37 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

Can someone explain the context to me? This seems oddly pointless. Couldn't he have just redirected the missiles or whatever?

Good point, but guess he didn't have enough time, the missles were coming fast.

#38 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

"verything, everyone is connected to magnetosphere", this scan proves that Magneto is able to tap on it:
Posted Image

In this scan, Magneto used equipment to bolster his abilities.

#39 Omega11

Omega11

Evil Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

Posted Image

That's Joseph. Magneto's younger, more powerful clone.

#40 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

That's Joseph. Magneto's younger, more powerful clone.

I see, but could Magneto have the potential to do that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users