• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chaos-with-honor

chaos-with-honor

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:I am a martial arts instructor, a minister, a peer counselor, and a father of four.<br /><br />7th Dan Black Belt - Bushi-Kai Jukendo-Ryu Karate<br />5th Dan Black Belt - American Kenpo Karate<br />1st Dan Black Belt - Aikido Jiujitsu<br />Instructor's Credits - Five Elements Five Animals Kung Fu<br />Instructor's Credits - Muay Thai Kick Boxing<br />Brown Belt - Judo<br />Brown Belt - Matsukazi-Ryu Jiujitsu<br />Brown Belt - Small Circle Jiujitsu<br />3rd Level practitioner of Dim Mak<br /><br />Amature Wrestler<br />Amature Boxer<br />Amature Kickboxer<br />Amature MMA Fighter

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:30 AM

The Hollywood Reporter says that Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds and Justin Timberlake are the three frontrunners for Warner Bros. Pictures' Green Lantern.

What?!!

Justin Timberlake?
Ryan Reynolds?
Bradley Cooper?

And they're trying out for HAL! This is just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I'm not doubting the acting chops of any of them....
Well, maybe Reynolds. He's a glorified character actor. Gonna be great in Deadpool, but that's because every character he plays is seemingly based on Deadpool.

Anyway, I can think of several people right off the top of my head that would be better for the role.

John C. McGinley

Chris Noth if he'd get in shape.

Steven Strait

Matthew Lillard

Just food for thought.

#2 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:42 PM

Its the usual "OMGHOWCANTHEYGETHIMTOBETHISSUPERHERO" ranting you hear every time they try to cast someone as a comic book character. People complained about Toby Maguire as Spidey. People complained about Heath Ledger as Joker. People complained about this and that and blahblahblah LONG before they actually saw even one preview.

Sorry, but I find it VERY hard to worry one bit about a movie when the only things I know about the movie are A) three actors are up for the main role and B) the movie is supposed to be released next year or the year after. Not much to say, one way or another, when that's all I know.

That said, GO TIMBERLAKE! I SO want to see the uproar from the fanboys when he nails the role. Heeheehee...

#3 darthsketch

darthsketch

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Movies, books, anime, comics, video games, music and pop culture.

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

Its the usual "OMGHOWCANTHEYGETHIMTOBETHISSUPERHERO" ranting you hear every time they try to cast someone as a comic book character. People complained about Toby Maguire as Spidey. People complained about Heath Ledger as Joker. People complained about this and that and blahblahblah LONG before they actually saw even one preview.

Sorry, but I find it VERY hard to worry one bit about a movie when the only things I know about the movie are A) three actors are up for the main role and :huh: the movie is supposed to be released next year or the year after. Not much to say, one way or another, when that's all I know.

That said, GO TIMBERLAKE! I SO want to see the uproar from the fanboys when he nails the role. Heeheehee...

Agreed...sorta. The thought of Timberlake as Hal kinda turns my stomach, even though he's a competent actor. They could do much better.

#4 Culwych

Culwych

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:57 PM

Agreed...sorta. The thought of Timberlake as Hal kinda turns my stomach, even though he's a competent actor. They could do much better.

This is so cool!

#5 Bloody Freak

Bloody Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:57 PM

This is so cool!

Sweet! I give Nathan Fillion my vote for the movie!!! :huh:

#6 boston_celtics

boston_celtics

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:If I had any, why would I be on this site?

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:48 PM

Should have been Kyle...

#7 Joecorp

Joecorp

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:04 PM

Ryan Reynolds is now going to be Hal Jordan.

http://www.newsarama...1-Reynolds.html

That will be the third comic book character he has played. Now we just need a movie were he plays Deadpool who uses a lantern ring to fight vampires.

#8 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

Ryan Reynolds is now going to be Hal Jordan.

http://www.newsarama...1-Reynolds.html

That will be the third comic book character he has played. Now we just need a movie were he plays Deadpool who uses a lantern ring to fight vampires.

I was hoping for anyone but Justin Timberlake. With that out of the way, what's the worst that can happen?

#9 Marvel Man

Marvel Man

Get this crayon outta my nostril, PLEASE!

• CBUB Character Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff... And fighting evil.

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:15 AM

Should have been Guy...

Fixed.

Now that would be a great movie...

#10 darthsketch

darthsketch

Released the Kraken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Movies, books, anime, comics, video games, music and pop culture.

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:40 PM

Fixed.

Now that would be a great movie...

HA! :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users