Photo

Who can survive a full powered blast from a Death star.

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#101 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

I never once said all their attacks are planet busting, but some can,Gokus instant kamehameha against Cell was enough to blow up the Earth twice

Did they say "destroy" or "blow up" because they aren't the samethings.

#102 ricrery

ricrery

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

http://www.youtube.c..._LCjT6U#t=2m04s

Huh, I believe I said it was jutting out of the planet's surface, meaning, it penetrated, obviously. But, take a look at the video, if you will. You see the ball break through the atmosphere, and it is about to impact with the surface when it backs out and causes a surge of energy within these cracks, notice if you will that the energy is the same as the ball's :ph34r:, to emerge and detonate. This occurred as soon as the orb impacted with the surface. Thus, my theory of it only have breached the surface, but not penetrating all the way through and then having detonated, does hold water. I've already explained why he sent it into the surface time again and again. It seems to me that you might be the one with the reading comprehension issue that you're claiming wildly at others.

And did you notice that the planet exploded from the inside out? Regardless of where it detonated, it clearly wasn't brute forcing the planet away. Otherwise the effort to stop Kid Buu's energy ball would have been trivial.

That Spirit Bomb had enough power to seriously damage Frieza. Krillin also managed to lop off the tip of his tail with his Destructo Disk. Being injured and having expended his energy beforehand, its probable that Frieza had expended a large majority of his energy. Not to mention the simple fact that Frieza was burning himself out rather quickly while in his 100% form.

Yet he had killed Krillin effortlessly and wounded Piccolo (with a beam meant to wound/kill Goku) at 50% after being hit by the Spirit Bomb. Claiming he was weakened and using a tiny fraction of his power is dishonest.

#103 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

The Gorram Hypocyte™ ~1337 Slenderman~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:52 PM

And did you notice that the planet exploded from the inside out? Regardless of where it detonated, it clearly wasn't brute forcing the planet away. Otherwise the effort to stop Kid Buu's energy ball would have been trivial.

Yet he had killed Krillin effortlessly and wounded Piccolo (with a beam meant to wound/kill Goku) at 50% after being hit by the Spirit Bomb. Claiming he was weakened and using a tiny fraction of his power is dishonest.

Yeah, because the Ball dispersed its energy into the planet and thus all detonated at once. :ph34r: Hence my previous statement of like colored energy merging from the cracks. I never said it was brute force BTW.

Not really considering Frieza was superior to both Picolo and Krillin in his Third form and was thus even further superior in his final form. It only required minor effort against pests like those of Krillin and Piccolo. Besides, I like how you clearly ignored the fact that he was rapidly losing energy in his 100% form on top of all the previous injuries when he did his planet shot. This is dishonest in of itself.

#104 Ruinus

Ruinus

Plebiscite Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3,154 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Guilty Gear, Guns N' Roses, astronomy, school, English, reading, science fiction, drawing, video games and playing guitar.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

BTW, what's this stuff of "Goku held back Xs planet killer and it didn't kill him" stuff? Because as I recal, several times in DBZ people hold back attacks and push them away or deflect them, That doesn't prove anything other than they can deflect them. After all, the only way to prove Goku could surive a planet destroying attack is for him to actually be hit by a energy bolt that destroys planets and it has to actually explode.

After all, I could survive a tactical nuke... if the tactical nuke was simply thrown in my face without it detonating.

#105 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:06 PM

Not really considering Frieza was superior to both Picolo and Krillin in his Third form and was thus even further superior in his final form. It only required minor effort against pests like those of Krillin and Piccolo. Besides, I like how you clearly ignored the fact that he was rapidly losing energy in his 100% form on top of all the previous injuries when he did his planet shot. This is dishonest in of itself.

Yet he was occasionally overpowering SSJ1 Goku at 100%. Also, wasn't it 50% Frieza that sent the planet buster?

#106 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:48 PM

The same could be said for Goku. Not to mention the fact if it was entirely in Goku's fight, it wouldn't be an interesting fight at all, now, would it?

And my memory was off, it was 50% Frieza. But still, after having a spirit bomb and a destructo disk injuring him, I can see why he'd be struggling. I recall an instance in the manga where he said he was really hurt and that was before they threw the Spirit Bomb and the Destruto disk at him.

#107 ricrery

ricrery

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:50 PM

And my memory was off, it was 50% Frieza. But still, after having a spirit bomb and a destructo disk injuring him, I can see why he'd be struggling.

Yet after those two, he can still nearly kill Piccolo who was as strong as Second Form Frieza.

#108 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

Yet after those two, he can still nearly kill Piccolo who was as strong as Second Form Frieza.

I edited the above post.

Like I said: Third Form Frieza was completely superior to him, and Final Form Frieza is even further superior... I do admit that certain techniques do require effort but in this case, a death beam is second nature to him whereas a death ball is like a Kamehameha, whereas it needs to be charged, and with Frieza having been injured... well, nothing further need be said other than what I've already said.

EDIT: Having taken a look at the manga, it seems he also received a beating from Goku in his 50% Final Form before he did the death ball.

#109 victim36

victim36

Don't feed him after midnight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:55 AM

I edited the above post.

Like I said: Third Form Frieza was completely superior to him, and Final Form Frieza is even further superior... I do admit that certain techniques do require effort but in this case, a death beam is second nature to him whereas a death ball is like a Kamehameha, whereas it needs to be charged, and with Frieza having been injured... well, nothing further need be said other than what I've already said.

EDIT: Having taken a look at the manga, it seems he also received a beating from Goku in his 50% Final Form before he did the death ball.

His Death Ball was done in his 50% Final Form. After it hit the planet Frieza openly declared that he held back. The second Death Ball he created hit Goku, who was underwater at the time. Goku was able to hold and then redirect the Death Ball into outer space. Where it hit another planet and destroyed it instantly.

#110 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:29 PM

His Death Ball was done in his 50% Final Form. After it hit the planet Frieza openly declared that he held back. The second Death Ball he created hit Goku, who was underwater at the time. Goku was able to hold and then redirect the Death Ball into outer space. Where it hit another planet and destroyed it instantly.

Posted Image

Not to mention the quick destruction of Planet Vegeta. >.>

Adding on to my argument of why Frieza makes it so its a delayed destruction of the planet:

Posted Image

#111 ViceCityMobster86

ViceCityMobster86

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

Chuck Norris

EDIT: Sorry about the necropost.

#112 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts
  • Interests:Things

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

Chuck Norris

EDIT: Sorry about the necropost.

Burn in hell

#113 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

hey I forgot about this thread, is the argument being made to see if Frieza can destroy a planet instantly? and w/o having to reach the core?

yes and yes. Roshi, Krillin, and Tien cannot do the same, Tien and Piccolo being the strongest weaklings have to destroy the planet via core busting. However they can still bust the planet so as to not take away their ability or title of planet busters. Goku or anyone SSJ1 or above can easily destroy planets w/o having to bust the core. This much should be common knowledge here

#114 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

Bitch please. If Saiyan Saga Vegeta can bust planets without using the core, Tien and Krillin, being far stronger than that, can easily planet bust.

#115 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

Bitch please. If Saiyan Saga Vegeta can bust planets without using the core, Tien and Krillin, being far stronger than that, can easily planet bust.

yup

#116 Jaeger Panzer

Jaeger Panzer

• Members
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

Not sure if that argument was sparked by Ricrery.

#117 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

By that account Chiatzu can too. Vegeta shot a little beam to the core

Vegeta destroys the core, as seen here the planet is bursting from within and not like it would if it just exploded from the impact.

Kid Buu clearly shows shooting the planet and that blast destroying the planet, instead of it being more of a meltdown and then exploding due to the core exploding.

They are all planet busters, but there is evidence that core busting results in planet busting. I highly doubt Roshi can destroy a planet instantly like Kid Buu can, even though Roshi can destroy a planet by other means

#118 Hayesmeister5651

Hayesmeister5651

That guy with poo brains

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 7,047 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:58 AM

Vegeta destroys the core, as seen here the planet is bursting from within and not like it would if it just exploded from the impact.

Yea, that was also Vegeta having fun. Now if he did his full powered Galik Gun, then that planet would go bye-bye.

#119 Dr. Pymp(mex)

Dr. Pymp(mex)

Believes Han shot first

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

Yea, that was also Vegeta having fun. Now if he did his full powered Galik Gun, then that planet would go bye-bye.

At that point I don't think so. I love DBZ more than even you do lol and I am simply saying that these people cannot do what Kid Buu did, blow up the planet with a single shot that will not disrupt the core causing it to go unstable and detonate.
Maybe if Vegeta went all out he could, but not as easily as he did in this scene. He shoots a blast that is maybe a fist in width, it doesn't expand to engulf the planet, To do a blast large enough to destory a planet as if it was a brick, would require more energy than Vegeta had at that point. Frieza can no problem, and later everyone can that is SSJ or higher.

#120 KidStranglehold

KidStranglehold

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:Writing,Video games,Sports,women.

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

Wow this thread is still going on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users