• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#21 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:02 PM

Sorry for what I am about to say, but RR should die a very painful death for ruining the Yautja franchise.

That deserves an applause!

APPLAUSE!

-Rakai'Thwei

#22 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

I am One with the Ferret.

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

How did you not like Transformers 2, Batman Begins, Iron Man 2, or Black Hawk Down.

Transformer 2: Was to cheesy,took to long to get to the action , too predictable, wasn't fun, ending was chessy,the decipticons were weak and the soundtrack wasn't that good. I preferred the first one.

Batman Begins:Beginning was boring, the villains weren't exciting,couldn't get through the movie, Batman was dull and I just couldn't get into it.

Iron man 2:may be the worst out of the 4 that I have saw, to chessy and corny, it was more like a comedy movie then a action movie, not enough action, Whiplash was a pushover,the final fight was to easy and quick, to much about Tony Stark personally life and not enough about Iron man and I hated war machine. They were better of using the other Rody from Iron man 1.

Black Hawk down: I like it in the beginning, but I didn't like it afterwards. I have some Somali friends and in Black hawk Down, the Somalis weren't actually Somalis, they didn't even look like Kushite people, some in the movie even looked like African Americans instead of Horn of African people(no racism intended), they soundtrack was lame, to over the top gore, the story line didn't suit me, it mostly action. I just didn't get into the movie, it just seemed plain to me.

#23 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:18 PM

That deserves an applause!

APPLAUSE!

-Rakai'Thwei

LMAO Thanks!

But serious RR movies are just plain over the top action and not enough story telling.

I.E Machete.

#24 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

Will never see the Adult Board

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts
  • Interests:Comics. Movies. Video Games. TV.

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:22 PM

LMAO Thanks!

But serious RR movies are just plain over the top action and not enough story telling.

I.E Machete.

And frikkin' Posted Image

#25 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

And frikkin' Posted Image

lol!

#26 Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur

SPOOOON!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Football College and Pro, Video games, drawing, reading comics, and horror/action novels

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

Transformer 2: Was to cheesy,took to long to get to the action , too predictable, wasn't fun, ending was chessy,the decipticons were weak and the soundtrack wasn't that good. I preferred the first one.

Batman Begins:Beginning was boring, the villains weren't exciting,couldn't get through the movie, Batman was dull and I just couldn't get into it.

Iron man 2:may be the worst out of the 4 that I have saw, to chessy and corny, it was more like a comedy movie then a action movie, not enough action, Whiplash was a pushover,the final fight was to easy and quick, to much about Tony Stark personally life and not enough about Iron man and I hated war machine. They were better of using the other Rody from Iron man 1.

Black Hawk down: I like it in the beginning, but I didn't like it afterwards. I have some Somali friends and in Black hawk Down, the Somalis weren't actually Somalis, they didn't even look like Kushite people, some in the movie even looked like African Americans instead of Horn of African people(no racism intended), they soundtrack was lame, to over the top gore, the story line didn't suit me, it mostly action. I just didn't get into the movie, it just seemed plain to me.

Transformers had a better story plot actually explaining where the Transformers came from

Batman explained the origin of Batman and they want to make it realistic.

Iron Man 2 portrays how Tony was in some of his early years. Always drunk and caring more about himself then others.

Black Hawk Down was a true story. They portrayed it from real accounts from the people there.

#27 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

lol!

AND Posted Image

Robert Rodriguez SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

#28 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

The worst movies of all tme are the sort of Oscar-baiting, faux-intellectual pandering, socially-aware-because-it's-trendy trash that critics fawn over to make themselves look good with their peers. Slumdog Millionare, Crash, and shit like that. There's "telling a socially-relevant story" and then there's "please shut the *vulgarity* up and stay far, far away from politics and stuff like that because you're just as moronic as all the dudes that hold office." Most movies that get released are the latter.

Also, the first Transformers. That movie was nightmare-inducing. Seeing Bumblebee piss on someone has to be the single worst thing I've seen in a movie EVER. I wasn't even a Transformers fan when I was a kid (I loved me some Star Wars and GI Joe when I was an 80s brat) and I found that movie to be downright insulting to the franchise.

#29 RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Elder Predator

• Members
  • 5,866 posts
  • Interests:Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Terminator, Robocop, Highlander, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Dragonball Z, Darkstalkers, Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Psylocke, She-Hulk, Tifa Lockheart, Martial Arts, Tang Soo Do, Shotokan, Kyokushin, Shaolin, Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Deadliest Warrior

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:47 PM

Posted Image

Wait a minute... Taylor Lautner was in that movie?! :P

-Rakai'Thwei

#30 Landon

Landon

The Main Character

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:48 PM

And everyone that's saying Robert Rodriguez sucks is dead wrong.

El Mariachi/Desperado/Once Upon A Time In Mexico is a great action movie trilogy, while From Dusk 'Til Dawn and Machete are awesome exploitation movies. Planet Terror wasn't all that, but it was amusing trash. Go watch those movies and get back to me before you start ranting.

#31 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

Transformers had a better story plot actually explaining where the Transformers came from

Batman explained the origin of Batman and they want to make it realistic.

Iron Man 2 portrays how Tony was in some of his early years. Always drunk and caring more about himself then others.

Black Hawk Down was a true story. They portrayed it from real accounts from the people there.

In my opinion I didn't like the movies and they didn't look like actual Somalis.

Yes they included Somalians, but not the Somalis ethic group at all.

Just because it is based of a true story doesn't mean its right.

#32 Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur

SPOOOON!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Football College and Pro, Video games, drawing, reading comics, and horror/action novels

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

In my opinion I didn't like the movies and they didn't look like actual Somalis.

Yes they included Somalians, but not the Somalis ethic group at all.

Just because it is based of a true story doesn't mean its right.

what do you mean right? Its true its what really happened so it cant actually be wrong.

#33 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:04 PM

Alright, to each his own, but I fail to see how anyone could put Black Hawk Down on a list of "worst movies". Honestly. Does not compute. It was based on a real life story and while not 100% historically accurate, it gets pretty close. The gore was completely realistic. Not "over the top" at all. And as for the ethnicities... meh. I found it very emotionally appealing, not "just another war/action movie".

In any case, Dragon Wars makes me want to cry myself to sleep. I watched that movie with the hopes of seeing an epic dragon vs. military fight scene, and when it finally gets around to it... the military are portrayed as the most incompetent group of moronic fools I've ever seen.

#34 Stranglehold-prime

Stranglehold-prime

• Members
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:20 PM

what do you mean right? Its true its what really happened so it cant actually be wrong.

Right as in actual Somalis not being in the movie, it had happened in other movies and not just BHD. I didn't really like the movie, just my opinion.

#35 AVP vs The Terminator

AVP vs The Terminator

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

El Mariachi/Desperado/Once Upon A Time In Mexico is a great action movie trilogy, while From Dusk 'Til Dawn and Machete are awesome exploitation movies. Planet Terror wasn't all that, but it was amusing trash. Go watch those movies and get back to me before you start ranting.

In your opinion.
While you seem to be satisfied with the "all-action" films, I am not.
I prefer a good, solid storyline, with a fair amount of action thrown in.. All of the movies you mentioned have been very light on plot, at least in my opinion.
Planet Terror was THE worst movie I have ever seen. A gun for a leg... :P

#36 LegendX

LegendX

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Interests:MMA, pro wrestling, muscle cars, sport bikes, pitbulls, Star Wars, Star Trek, hip hop, stand-up comedy and the philosophy of pointlessly, useless stuff.

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

Apparently none of you have seen Teeth. Trust me, DON'T. They will not reimburse you for the time, money and brain cells you will lose.

#37 WereWolf

WereWolf

To Some Extent Correct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:57 PM

In your opinion.
While you seem to be satisfied with the "all-action" films, I am not.
I prefer a good, solid storyline, with a fair amount of action thrown in.. All of the movies you mentioned have been very light on plot, at least in my opinion.
Planet Terror was THE worst movie I have ever seen. A gun for a leg... :P

I'm not convinced you've seen a Robert Rodriguez movie other than Planet Terror and Machete.

#38 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:01 PM

I wasn't a fan of El Mariachi or Desperado at all. Once Upon A Time In Mexico, however, is one of my favorite movies of all time. Its plot was more entertaining to me, the action scenes were more appealing, and Johnny Depp's performance and character was spectacular, as always.

I haven't seen FDTD, but from everything I've heard/read, it's a classic. Haven't seen Machete yet either, although from first impressions alone, it doesn't look like anything special.

Anyways, to each his own.

#39 God-Speed_88

God-Speed_88

The Humanoid Typhoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

I can't believe people are bashing Predators, when there is Alien vs Predator!

Also I thought Predators was an enjoyable/entertaining film, certainly not the worst ever.

Godfather 3 or Black Hawk Down shouldn't be in this category either. Allow G3 isn't a patch on the first two, on itself is a decent film.

A film I would categories as 'worst' would be Diary of the Dead. There is not one thing that is remotely entertaining about that film from the terrible acting to the appalling script. Through denial I believe George A Romero had nothing to do with it.

#40 Tsemasi

Tsemasi

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

The Happening and Pauly Shore is Dead.

Predators could have been better and wasn't up to par with the other films but I still enjoyed it. Black Hawk Down was a great movie, watched it back to back with Three Kings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users