#21 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,651 posts
  • Interests:The Avant-Garde, I Represent

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:26 PM

The hooded foe. The figure didn't look as imposing as she thought it would. "What do you want?" She shouted, hands full with the pink aura of energy.

"I could not stand idly by and let my pawns be abducted from my own grasp. You four will return to the Parthenon with me now, or suffer unimaginably."

Samus seeing the hostile aura eminating from the unknown specter, she to would get ready for what might happens as she puts her helment back on. Samus looks at Thor "Is that the collector, the man you have been looking for?"

Thor nods silently, and charges the hooded figure faster than the human eye could folow. Hammer first, he dove into his midsection, only to find his hammer being sucked into his body, along with his arm.

"What trickery is this?" Thor bellowed, trying to pound the Collectors face in with his free hand, but finding it was like hitting mist.

"Thor. God of Thunder. Certainly a dull one... your power will make a fine addition to the pool."

Soon, the gods entire arm was inside of the figures chest, shadowy tendrils sucking him in ever closer. Lightning began to crackle in the sky, as the asgardian began to enter a rage.

#22 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

Nuking the site from orbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 12:36 AM

"damn" Samus whispered under her breath. "Looks like physical attacks are not going to work" she thought as she quickly changed to her light beam and aimed at the hooded figure hoping it would at least distract him from absorbing Thor.

#23 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:47 PM

Soon, the gods entire arm was inside of the figures chest, shadowy tendrils sucking him in ever closer. Lightning began to crackle in the sky, as the asgardian began to enter a rage.

Mink saw what was happening, and Screamed "NOT THE CUTE ONE!"

Without thinking she jumped at Thor, grabbing him and trying to pull him back from the Dark Figure. Hoping that it would pull him free... "I won't let you take him!" she yelled at the Figure.

#24 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

Cyblade's suspicion of the Pantheon was complete. She didn't like being referred to as a pawn in particular. She wasn't going to be a pawn again. He raised her hand, energy glowing from it. "You better let go of him or I'll blast your head sky high."

#25 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:38 AM

Without thinking she jumped at Thor, grabbing him and trying to pull him back from the Dark Figure. Hoping that it would pull him free... "I won't let you take him!" she yelled at the Figure.

Adam tentatively threw a blade at the hooded figure, then jumped up to Mink and started helping her pull Thor back, having no energy attacks that could actually affect the stranger.

#26 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:18 AM

"damn" Samus whispered under her breath. "Looks like physical attacks are not going to work" she thought as she quickly changed to her light beam and aimed at the hooded figure hoping it would at least distract him from absorbing Thor.

The quick action went ignored by the tactical figure, who only continued 'absorbing'.

Mink saw what was happening, and Screamed "NOT THE CUTE ONE!"

"Simple brute strength cannot overcome my Mist Vortex technique. What hope can you have when the power of a god has none?"

Thor was now unable to gain leverage, with half his face and torso within the swirling cofines of the cloaked one.

Cyblade's suspicion of the Pantheon was complete. She didn't like being referred to as a pawn in particular. She wasn't going to be a pawn again. He raised her hand, energy glowing from it. "You better let go of him or I'll blast your head sky high."

"Don't make me laugh, insect. You've naught the power to back your empty threats."

Adam tentatively threw a blade at the hooded figure, then jumped up to Mink and started helping her pull Thor back, having no energy attacks that could actually affect the stranger.

The physical dagger only passed through the gaslike mist that made up the Collectors body. The dark being was ecstatic with glee. Very soon. The god would be his.

"With this power, I may not need to collect the winner of the tournament. How kind of fate to deliver the possible final piece to my puzzle!"

#27 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:00 AM

"Simple brute strength cannot overcome my Mist Vortex technique. What hope can you have when the power of a god has none?"

Thor was now unable to gain leverage, with half his face and torso within the swirling cofines of the cloaked one.

"DON'T BELITTLE ME!!!"

Mink said in a tone of Voice not naturally hers. With a Flick of her wrist from around Thor, she held out her palm towards the Dark Figure. At once and at Point Blank Range, a Tremendous Burst of Destructive Magic was leveled at the creature.

If her face wasn't obscured by the Bulk of Thor, her eyes would have been seen to have taken on a Dragonlike silted pupil...

OOC: Much like this scene from the manga

#28 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

Cyblade followed up with a two-handed blast at the mist as soon as Mink was out of the way. It would be the size of the figure. If that doesn't work, she would say. "Does anyone have wind-based powers?"

#29 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:26 AM

The quick action went ignored by the tactical figure, who only continued 'absorbing'.

Samus would also try to give aid by fireing off several light beam shots aimed at the hooded figure. Being careful not to hit Thor or Mink.

#30 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:26 PM

"DON'T BELITTLE ME!!!"

Mink said in a tone of Voice not naturally hers. With a Flick of her wrist from around Thor, she held out her palm towards the Dark Figure. At once and at Point Blank Range, a Tremendous Burst of Destructive Magic was leveled at the creature.

If her face wasn't obscured by the Bulk of Thor, her eyes would have been seen to have taken on a Dragonlike silted pupil...

OOC: Much like this scene from the manga

Had the Collector known of this ones full arsenal beforehand, he would have been prepared for such, but as it was, the fiersome blow dissipated his gaseous form away from the group, scattering his very essence. It would be a few long seconds before he could gather his body back whole again, thanks to the dragon half.

Cyblade followed up with a two-handed blast at the mist as soon as Mink was out of the way. It would be the size of the figure. If that doesn't work, she would say. "Does anyone have wind-based powers?"

It seemed the blasts of Cyblade were hotter than he knew. In fact, hot enough to kill him in his current state. If Mink hadn't dissipated his body, he might have even died. But since his mass was dispersed, only a small fraction of his actual body suffered. He cursed himself silently. Had he been more prepared, it would have gone better.

Samus would also try to give aid by fireing off several light beam shots aimed at the hooded figure. Being careful not to hit Thor or Mink.

The light beams shots did the least damage, having small area of effect, but still hindered him slightly. As the Collector reformed his boody, he reconverted its form back to its original state, as it was obvious it was of little use now. Back in his original form, he found himself breathing heavily, with a sharp pain in his arm. In fact, his right arm was gone completely from the elbow, blood dampening his dark robes and tainting the bridge to Asgard.

"I will return. It seems the years have made me arrogant, I did not forsee this. But I will return."

And with that, he flickered from space, dissapearing for now. Thor was on his hands and knees, breathing heavily, his shoulder length hair obscuring his features as he remained silent. Valkyrie ran by his side, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Thor... be thee well?"

#31 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:47 PM

By the look on his face, Cyblade's energy blasts did the trick. But other energy attacks didn't work on him before. At least Thor was saved.

"What was that thing?" She asked.

#32 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

By the look on his face, Cyblade's energy blasts did the trick. But other energy attacks didn't work on him before. At least Thor was saved.

"What was that thing?" She asked.

Valkyrie looked up, answering, "That was him; the Collector."

A brief answer, as she set her gaze back to the kneeling god, who hadn't moved, hadn't spoken.

"T-Thor? Why do you not answer? Do you hear my voice?"

When he didn't answer, she put a firm hand under his chin and lifted his head. What she saw made her draw a sharp breath. Thor's eyes were completetly blood red, his face expressionless. Dark black veins crossed over his face, like pulsating lines of death. Unsure of what was going on, she slapped him once, as if to snap him from the state, then again, harder. He did not flinch, he did not stir.

"By the gods... what manner of evil be this?"

#33 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

A brief answer, as she set her gaze back to the kneeling god, who hadn't moved, hadn't spoken.

When he didn't answer, she put a firm hand under his chin and lifted his head. What she saw made her draw a sharp breath. Thor's eyes were completetly blood red, his face expressionless. Dark black veins crossed over his face, like pulsating lines of death. Unsure of what was going on, she slapped him once, as if to snap him from the state, then again, harder. He did not flinch, he did not stir.

seeing the state Thor was in, Adam looked at Valkyrie "Is there someone you can take him to, someone who can help him? it likely needs to be someone powerful to undo this, the Collector seemed to be a powerful being.", Adam frowned, then turned "Mink, is there anything you can do? you were the only one that actually managed to damage the Collector from the looks of it, can you do any healing?"

#34 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:38 AM

seeing the state Thor was in, Adam looked at Valkyrie "Is there someone you can take him to, someone who can help him? it likely needs to be someone powerful to undo this, the Collector seemed to be a powerful being.", Adam frowned, then turned "Mink, is there anything you can do? you were the only one that actually managed to damage the Collector from the looks of it, can you do any healing?"

Mink was really worried, she didn't know what had happened, but the bad guy had left and done something to Thor.

"I did what? I don't know what you're talking about!" She started to get really mad now, she couldn't do anything to help Thor, and now he was injured, and everyone was yelling. "I don't know what happened! W-we need to get him to... Someone who... Um, a Healer?" she said.

#35 hamtaroblazex

hamtaroblazex

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

Samus shudders a bit, as she sees Thor's condition. She is hit by some minor flashbacks of a similar fate befallen to her comrades hoping to forget them. She hides her expression under her visor, and not knowing how she can be of help she just waits for the next course of action.

#36 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

Thor didn't look alright, but she was more interested with why the Collector fled like that when only her attack was successful. "What weakness does the Collector have?"

#37 G4hardcore

G4hardcore

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:54 PM

"Aye, there may be healers in Asgard. We shall journey there now. Do any of you wish to accompany me? You should know, many Asgardians do not take kindly to outsiders..."

Thor didn't look alright, but she was more interested with why the Collector fled like that when only her attack was successful. "What weakness does the Collector have?"

"That, from what I know of him, varies by what form he takes, as for how many forms he has, ten or ten thousand, I know not."

#38 sirmethos

sirmethos

A Man of the People

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,142 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:52 AM

"Aye, there may be healers in Asgard. We shall journey there now. Do any of you wish to accompany me? You should know, many Asgardians do not take kindly to outsiders..."

Adam looked around for a moment, then stood forward "I'll join, maybe I can find some way to be of use."

#39 patrickthekid

patrickthekid

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

"I'm alright with that."

#40 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:40 PM

"Sure!" Mink said with a mix of worry in her voice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users