228 replies to this topic

#21 Updatedude

Updatedude

Don't feed him after midnight

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:12 PM

I just got an idea for an upgrade to Piranha Girl. But to do that, I'll need to write a certain fic. Posting this here to motivate myself to do just that. But the result of the fic will be to create Global Piranha Girl.

Any ideas on what the character should be called? Or just stick with Piranha Girl?

#22 The Rookie

The Rookie

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:15 PM

Super Piranha Girl

#23 Nilan

Nilan

Part of the Rag-Tag Fugitive Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:32 PM

Piranha Woman.

Or you could turn her into a guy and call the global character Piranha Boy, adding an extra sexist dimension to the character to emphasize that boys are just plain better than girls.

#24 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:56 AM

adding an extra sexist dimension to the character to emphasize that boys are just plain better than girls.

It isn't sexist if its true... :huh:
Kidding bout that. I think Piranha woman would be good, you could even change species, shark-sistah, lady leviathan, kraken-chick, etc

#25 treacherous

treacherous

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the Hammer

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and stuff.

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

Boiling Point Inc. - Done

Marshell Percy (The Master Psychic Psycho) - Coming soon to the Global level! WOOPTY W00T!

Posted Image

#26 The Rookie

The Rookie

I like it on Omicron Ceti III, Jim

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

Ideas currently being mulled around in my head....

Skeleton Key The assassin that doesn't kill. A ruthless man of eschewed justice, he only takes jobs that will allow him to take out the most dispicble people in society. He doesn't kill goons because they're "beneath them" and he doesn't kill his targets because he doesn't want to "stoop to their level." Uses a gas that inhibits all five senses turning his victims into moaning invalids.

Player Two - Ex video game champ at EVERYTHING and computer programmer who minored in psycology creates the first ever 4D console which subsequently turns its users into maniacs unfit for society. Bitter and penniless he turns low grade work of dealing with costume vigilantes that he sets up death traps for based on the console's technology.

Antonio Gorilla - An extremely intelligent and refined talking gorilla of unknown origin. Antonio has refined tastes in food, wine and women and claims to be the "Silverback of the Criminal Underworld." Still his animalstic side often comes out more often than not.

Inju: of Love and Life - It's mother *vulgarity*ing INJU!

Giaour - The old vamp revamped, might wait till the whole shallow guild ting really starts rolling before submitting

Frigid B*tch - An asexual overly militant tree hugger tossed into experiemntal cryogenic stuff that turns her into a true ice queen. A "main" villain of Inju though I know of another that may appear...

???- ???

#27 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:27 PM

The Possessed- An asylum escapee who suffers from a multiple personality disorder, and believes he is possessed by demons. He spends his days locked inside of his own body only to be freed for a short time between the 12am-3am.
I've been working on him for some time now, and he should be finding his way to the CA board one of these days.

#28 Soberguy

Soberguy

Kneel before Zod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

Marshell Percy (The Master Psychic Psycho) - Coming soon to the Global level! WOOPTY W00T!

This makes me very happy. Old school villains - ASSEMBLE!

#29 deojusto

deojusto

I am One with the Ferret.

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:24 AM

Wow, I just read my old character ideas. I have not done any of those save the superhouse fic.

"new" ideas

Street
-Evil-House! : ???

Global
-Fritz 2.0: He doesn't really fit as street level. Exact same character story, but global powers would fit better
-Cameron Drake: CEO of Jill's Wetworks inc, now known as 'Pax Draconian' in a rebranding move after some bad PR
-Dana Tan: Syndicate assassin turned human trafficker

#30 Canis Minor

Canis Minor

That Guy Nobody Likes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy making a pest of myself. Also cartoons. But mostly the first thing.

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:36 PM

Well... I've pretty much nixed all of my ideas that I said. So, here's the ones that I actually am working on.

Bad Bob: Yes, the man, the myth, the legend. The guy who didn't get more than three sentences in CEIF Man's story is being brought back from the dead, revived, revamped, and rebuilt to exact his revenge. [The background is finished, but the rest, including power choices, is still in the works.]

Tom: A week or two ago I posted a character named Dewey Robertson to the CA board. Frankly, it wasn't awful, but it wasn't great. Those of you who read it should know that it had a character named Tom in it. Well, I decided he would make a much more interesting character. [Powers selected, but the background is only halfway done. Still working out the kinks.]

Super Cyborg EMT Squad: This is something which I've wanted to do for a while, but it's still totally stuck on the drawing board. I have ideas concerning it, but they're only getting me so far right now. [I haven't even started this one. I'm hoping working on the other two will help me clear the writer's block I have for this.]

#31 Updatedude

Updatedude

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:45 AM

Unicorn Boy done, just need to go through a CA process before submission. Need to write some fics as well (for another char).

Then maybe another random char or two before my break ends.

#32 force_echo

force_echo

Pretentious, Obnoxious, Annoying...humanity's last hope

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 8,750 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

I wanna Global character! -cries-

I'm actually gonna try writing a villain for once. But for some reason, villains are always harder than heroes. Wonder why...

#33 Darkender

Darkender

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

Weird it's the opposite for me... Maybe it's because I'm a bad person hehe

#34 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:26 AM

Is this where we posts our upcoming character ideas...Okay. :)

Boiling Point Inc. - A gritty noir street level detective. Just like the old pulp fiction Black Mask types. Time for the street level hero supply to rise. Possibly an induction into Ivan's challenge.

The Khazanian Tour Guide - The reason I needed locations in the CA thread.

Mandla - Will return with a whole new agenda. Khazan needs a Black Panther.

Marshell Percy (The Master Psychic Psycho) - More Raya Sayang craziness. Marshell from the Actor's Guild gets his own character. Probably going to wait until the 500 points level on this one. Thanks Mr. Graves.

The Spire - It's a secret.

Raya Sayang - Going Cosmic or Global with this one. She is inspired by the past. Influences from Drekis and a whole slew of Khazanian characters.

Let's see...Boiling Point - Check. Marshell Percy - Check.

Don't know when the Tour Guide will ever see the light of day. I'm still fleshing out Mandla. I'm thinking of going a whooooole nother route for him. Darkender has a hint where this is going. The Spire is on its way. Anybody reading Clash has seen it make its first appearance. Raya Sayang is waiting on me to get 1000 points, but can't make an appearance until the Spire takes flight.

I will also add...

Mahisa - Possibly another induction to the KALI group. Something wicked this way comes and the sunny little suburban town of Ithica, Khazan will never be the same.
Just Call Me Max - Ordinary guy gets extraordinary powers. Cliche right...maybe not. Let's make a superhero.

Also, got a load of writing to do for Infinium. Whew. This is like a job. A none-paying job.

#35 Magnetrex

Magnetrex

Slang for sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

To Whom it May Concern:

For the last couple of months, I've been having a bit of a dry spell with coming up with new guys. But now that Dwolf and I are almost done with the last story arc, I will be posting up two new street characters for the FPL. Also, somewhere in the near future of 500 points, I will be posting three new globals characters. One of whom will be Special Agent Michael Dawson and he will be putting together a special team. The only thing is that this team will be a mix of good guys and bad guys secretly working together in covert missions for Interpol in killing other FPL characters. Mostly it will be characters that are already disabled, but I think it'll be cool to come up with a new story revolving aroung these guys. If anyone is interested in being part of this, please let me know by sending me a PM and (if are dead serious about this) I'll hit you up with the details.

#36 Pseudonym

Pseudonym

Aqualad

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

I AM GETTING THIS GORRAM THING WRITTEN!

#37 Guest_Ivan_*

Guest_Ivan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:47 PM

Spoiler Alert: Bitterness ahead.

I usually avoid these topics, partially because I don't care that much about this cool idea you might have in the future possibly you guys it could be totally awesome, but mostly because I have no fewer than forty (four-zero) first drafts of characters that will likely never see the FPL. Add in characters that never made it that far (only a bio or a single power description, but at least have their own MS Word document) and the folder has close to 200 ideas that never made it to the gallery. Triple that for ideas that never made it as far as the page. I feel that any characters I manage to list here that I don't wind up submitting are just hanging reminders of my failure as a writer, and as a human being.
On the other hand, what the hell, right?

Mister Lackrum- A lawyer, chosen by God, to argue on behalf of mankind in Heaven's court. He does his absolute best, being a virtuous man with a righteous cause, but he is dismissed before the end of the trial so he doesn't hear the verdict. Inspired by the plot of a fairly obscure film called "The Story of Mankind" and by Gregory Peck's portrayal of Atticus Finch. I love the idea, but can't get the tone even close to what it should be, and struggle with the ending- part of me likes it left ambiguous, but I'm afraid that's not succinct enough for FPL readers.

Richard Goodson/Richard Gale/Prince Gale: The core concept of Invincible (one of the most engaging new Superhero comics in the last ten years) is "What if Spiderman was Superman's kid?" I love Invincible, but I thought a good twist would be "What if Peter Parker (or, more appropriately, Jimmy Olsen) was Superman's kid?" One of the major roadblocks to this is that the FPL has no Superman, and because of the somewhat narrow scope of voter opinion (only nine people regularly vote on FPL matches) there's a sort of baseless insistence that the FPL won't have a Superman until cosmic characters are unlocked. I've been fighting this, but the FPL at large has made it pretty clear that a character doesn't exist in Khazan unless they have a character sheet in the gallery. Whatever.

Merle Silver, Nico Fera, Brag, Crispian St. Crispin, & Vincent: It's a fair bet that all of my Shallow Guild creations will appear eventually but a major obstacle seems to be that Chakos is the only other creator who has shown real interest in the SG. I've seen lip service from a few older creators, but no real follow through (while other storylines recieve zealous contributions...) It's one thing I've watched happen half a dozen times in the last year, and it's highly discouraging- people don't want to build sandcastles in any of the sandboxes I've had a hand in constructing. Seriously. Hero storyline. Failed. Locations storyline. Failed. Teambuilding storyline. Failed. Not to play the martyr, but I cranked out a KALI character on the fly, and nobody can accuse me of being in love with that institution as a storyline or as a general concept. I've pledged to furnish an Infinium character even though I've found Steampunk to be a genre defined by costumes and props rather than characters and plots. I made a character for Opalord's high fantasy storyline, posted her intro in the fic section, and everyone promptly abandoned the idea. It's incredibly disheartening that nobody is interested in writing with me. Heh.

Characters You'll Never See from me:
Remakes of anything I did in the old FPL (not my style,) Comedic characters (I suck at 'em,) Self-inserts (not my style,) violent psychotic villains (I suck at 'em,) Hawkman Rogue's Gallery homages (suck it, Lion-Mane.)

#38 Guest_Ivan_*

Guest_Ivan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

Aaand, as soon as I post that, treach resurrects the Locations thread. Damn you, fickle hope! Hehehe.

#39 treacherous

treacherous

• Administrators
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:31 PM

I guess my name applies to other admins too.

#40 Updatedude

Updatedude

• FPL Undercards Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:15 PM

Aww, that's like, all my chars. Hehehe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users