• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,441 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, fencing, and more.

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:29 AM

This RP will be turn based Meaning one player at a time will take a turn being hunted, if you don't know this RP is based on the short story "The most dangerous game" by Richard Connell, a story about a hunter who hunts people on his private island, you have washed ashore his island and after meeting with him and his silent servant found out about his idea of a perfect hunt, now you must escape or be killed for sport.

Every hunt will be different and the odds heavily favor the General for example he may choose to use a .22 in one hunt as he did in the story but for the next player he will use a bow, I highly recommend you read the short story before playing, if you get killed you're dead no arguing no claiming BS.

To play all you have to do is make a character sheet

Name:

Backstory/how did you end up on the island?:

Rules: Your character will not start out with any weapons period, your character will be a regular guy but he can have a background like he's a hunter himself he's ex military etc. Also respect the time period this takes place in the 20s so if you want to say your character fought in WWI that's cool, but no time travellers, other than that have fun.

One last thing: Tell me when you want to go since this is turn based so if you want to go first better speak up

Hunt list:

Hewhofights: Completed Results killed Zaroff and Ivan and is now in a boat adrift dying from his wounds.

ND7: Completed Results killed Ivan, killed a wild pig but Zaroff killed him and then his brother killed Zaroff

Redfield: Completed killed Zaroff and Ivan but suffered several injuries includding, a cracked rib, an arrow in the leg, several cuts and gashes and bruises.

hamtaroblazex: passed

novaforcenova: Completed killed Ivan and Zaroff but died in the process

the joke: Completed: Killed Ivan, barely managed to kill Zaroff, suffered extenisive wounds chose to commit ritual suicide instead of dying of his wounds.

AVPvstheterminater: Passed

SkyKorean: completed: Results escaped alive no kills, adrift at sea

Sirmethos: passed

Corvette: In progress

Goku: 11th

#2 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:55 AM

Hideki Masato

Backstory/how did you end up on the island?: A Japanese Naval officer on a battleship during WWI, Hideki was sent to the Mediterranean to aid in combating the German U-boats. Upon the close of the war, he and his crew were recognized for outstanding honor and service, and Hideki, as the leader, was promoted to a position of diplomatic importance. He was on his way to a convention in Florida when a storm wrecked his ship and left him stranded in the ocean. After, almost two days of floating and desperate paddling he finally washed ashore on a strange island.

Edit: There we go. Entry set.

#3 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:12 AM

Hideki Masato

Backstory/how did you end up on the island?:
[something interesting here]

Erm, question before I write my back story. In what general area is the island?

It's in the Carribean from what I remember from the story

#4 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:51 PM

B)

I LOVE THAT STORY! I am definitely hopping in. I call being first! Here's my character sheet if I don't get to play as Sanger Rainsford to help out the other players:

Name: Alex Mauser

Backstory/how did you end up on the island?: He was a hunter for one of his lifestyles and a naturalist who immigrated from Germany when he was five. On the onset of WWI, he joined the US forces to prove he isn't a German spy and he never did endorse, sanction, or otherwise condone the Kaiser. When he heard of Ship-trap Island, he was rather skeptical and thought of it as a tasteless joke in regards to General Zaroff. He deliberately goes there to find out.

(IF I can bring weapons): He loves hunting using either an M1911 pistol or a Thompson Submachinegun.

#5 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

Is thier anyway, to read the story online? Because I don't feel like buying it, just to read it one time.

I call being second!

Name: Roy Burns

Backstory: Was orignally from America, but while going on a boat ride with his brother, who he presumes to have either survived or died, and Roy ended up landing on the lsland, but luckliy, his brother had served in the army, and kept one of his rifles with him, which Roy now had. He is now trying to find a way to get off the lsland and get home..

#6 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:04 PM

Is thier anyway, to read the story online? Because I don't feel like buying it, just to read it one time.

I call being second!

Name: Roy Burns

Backstory: Was orignally from America, but while going on a boat ride with his brother, who he presumes to have either survived or died, and Roy ended up landing on the lsland, but luckliy, his brother had served in the army, and kept one of his rifles with him, which Roy now had. He is now trying to find a way to get off the lsland and get home..

For you.

#7 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:09 PM

All right I've got two maybe three prey for Zaroff

#8 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:14 PM

Is the Tommy Gun overpowered? If not, I'll get the pistol. At .45 caliber, Alex uses it to kill elephants and rhinoceroses!

#9 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

Is the Tommy Gun overpowered? If not, I'll get the pistol. At .45 caliber, Alex uses it to kill elephants and rhinoceroses!

I'll probably have him stripped of all weapons except a survival knife.

#10 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

Hideki Masato

Backstory/how did you end up on the island?: A Japanese Naval officer on a battleship during WWI, Hideki was sent to the Mediterranean to aid in combating the German U-boats. Upon the close of the war, he and his crew were recognized for outstanding honor and service, and Hideki, as the leader, was promoted to a position of diplomatic importance. He was on his way to a convention in Florida when a storm wrecked his ship and left him stranded in the ocean. After, almost two days of floating and desperate paddling he finally washed ashore on a strange island.

Edit: There we go. Entry set.

Looks good you're in

#11 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:00 PM

Name: Evan Ramirez

Background: Born in Los Angeles, and raised there for five years. Then, his life was cut short when his Dad got a little too drunk one night and picked a fight with the leader of a gang. He beat the gang leader, but on his way home, he was killed by him. His Mom was saddened much by this, and as much as she wanted to, she knew she could not afford to take care of both of them any longer. She brought him to an orphanage, and left him there. He never saw her again. He spent years in the orphanage, being beaten by other orphans, and never able to get adopted. When he turned eighteen, he left the orphanage behind, and traveled the world, looking for a place to call home. He traveled to many places, learning much of the ways of the world. In that time, he had been a part of countless organizations. Practically every elite military group he was a member of at one point. In short, he's been around the block and knows how to take care of himself. His latest job brought him to the Caribbean. He was hired to capture a high value target. Needless to say, it went horribly wrong and he was captured and sent to a random island in the area. Little did he know what surprises the island had in store for him.

#12 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:09 PM

Name: Evan Ramirez

Background: Born in Los Angeles, and raised there for five years. Then, his life was cut short when his Dad got a little too drunk one night and picked a fight with the leader of a gang. He beat the gang leader, but on his way home, he was killed by him. His Mom was saddened much by this, and as much as she wanted to, she knew she could not afford to take care of both of them any longer. She brought him to an orphanage, and left him there. He never saw her again. He spent years in the orphanage, being beaten by other orphans, and never able to get adopted. When he turned eighteen, he left the orphanage behind, and traveled the world, looking for a place to call home. He traveled to many places, learning much of the ways of the world. In that time, he had been a part of countless organizations. Practically every elite military group he was a member of at one point. In short, he's been around the block and knows how to take care of himself. His latest job brought him to the Caribbean. He was hired to capture a high value target. Needless to say, it went horribly wrong and he was captured and sent to a random island in the area. Little did he know what surprises the island had in store for him.

All right except Israel hasn't been founded yet or the SEALS sorry for the nitpicking other than that it looks good.

#13 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:11 PM

Name: Jack Redfield

Backstory/how did you end up on the island?: Redfield was a U.S. Marine, following in the footsteps of his fathers by enlisting at the age of 17 just in time to take part in the Spanish-American War. He is a veteran of many other armed conflicts involving the around the world, including various military operations in Latin America, China and Turkey. He notably participated in the Banana Wars. But these were nothing compared his experiences in World War I. Nonetheless, he served with distinction in each of these conflicts. This was in part due to the significant survival skills he learned as a child and teenager prior to enlisting, thanks to his father.

Currently, Redfield has been hired as an agent by the U.S. government to investigate an island on which an American dignitary disappeared months ago. He was dropped off a mile offshore, given only a small row-boat and a knife...

#14 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:17 PM

Name: Jack Redfield

Backstory/how did you end up on the island?: Redfield was a U.S. Marine, following in the footsteps of his fathers by enlisting at the age of 17 in the year 1907. He is a veteran of many armed conflicts, including World War I. He served with distinction in each of these conflicts. This was in part due to the significant survival skills he learned prior to enlisting. Currently, Redfield has been hired as an agent by the U.S. government to investigate an island on which an American dignitary disappeared months ago. He was dropped off a mile offshore, given only a small row-boat and a knife...

Thought you might stop by for this RP looks good

#15 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:22 PM

All right except Israel hasn't been founded yet or the SEALS sorry for the nitpicking other than that it looks good.

I edited it.

#16 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:26 PM

I edited it.

I see that looks good.

#17 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:29 PM

Oh wait, we're allowed to have a utility knife? If that's the case, then my guy is carrying a folding knife with a 3.5 inch blade.

#18 Mercenaryblade

Mercenaryblade

Mercenary Captain

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:30 PM

Oh wait, we're allowed to have a utility knife? If that's the case, then my guy is carrying a folding knife with a 3.5 inch blade.

That'sfine but not necessary Zaroff is sporting enough to give you a knife see story

#19 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

Wait is it okay if Roy keeps his rifle, if it doesn't have any ammo but just a bayonet?

#20 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:52 PM

I'll probably have him stripped of all weapons except a survival knife.

I guess I'll have his PTSD as his main arsenal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users