69 replies to this topic

#1 ND7

ND7

I am One with the Ferret.

• CBUB Match Judges
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:59 PM

I got this idea after reading World War Z, and now I want to see what you guys think of this. As a matter of fact, I will add some diffrent kind of zombies, to even the odds out.

The battle takes place at over 3 diffrent places.

Forces in the middle of NJ
1,990 Soilders, armed with DragonSKin body armour, and armed with thier regular weapons.
50 Police Officers, in thier regular gear, armed with Mossberg Shotguns, and pistols.
106 Tanks.
69 Apache Choppers.
40 Humvees
60 Civillans who joined in, armed with shotguns, and baseball bats, and rifles.

The troops are all hiding behind barriacds made of the 50 Police cars, past that thier is barb wire, and AFTER THAT is a Abatis which are what are the U.S. are now reduced to doing, as the zombies have been attacking them, and the U.S. didn't get any help, as the Allies were busy with thier own zombies.

VS

500 Regular Slow Moving Zombies.
94 Fast Zombies.
40 Return of the Living Dead Zombies( Slow zombies but they are smart.)
19 L4D Infected.

Now in Houston, Texas.

1,700 soliders
80 Police Officers.
40 S.W.A.T officers armed with shotguns, riot shields, and Kevlar Vests.
60 Tanks
22 Humvees
39 Civillans armed only with baseball bats, and pistols.
Thier are also 19 FireMen with fire axes, and are trying to barriacade the troops with thier trucks.

VS

1,850 Regular Zombies.
55 Fast Zombies.
35 ROTHLD Zombies.
20 LFD Infected

Now finally in the capital of Washingtion,D.C the largest battle is taking place.

1,956 Soilders.
56 Police Officers.
60 SWAT officers.
29 Firemen with fire axes, and the Police gave them some pistols.
56 Civillans armed with Tommy Guns, Baseball Bats, Axe, Sledgehammer.
159 Tanks.
80 Humvees
36 Choppers.

They are fighting Trench Warfare style, but over 26 land mines, have been placed to take out some of the zombies.

VS

1,989 Regular Zombies
120 Fast Zombies.
78 ROTLD Zombies
49 LFD Infected.

Now will the U.S. forces prevail in the battles, or will they be defeated in all three locations by the Zombies? Also, the Soliders can't leave and get more supplies as behind the troops are survivors who are going to be hidden somewhere safe, IF the forces take care of the zombies. So the soilders can't go and regroup or retreat, they have to stay and fight.

Well enjoy!

#2 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts
  • Interests:Interesting stuff.

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

Uh, how are any of the zombies going to combat tanks and helicopters?

I see only the L4D ones doing that(Provided they are tanks) and they alone simply can't turn the odds around.

#3 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:07 PM

Uh, how are any of the zombies going to combat tanks and helicopters?

I see only the L4D ones doing that(Provided they are tanks) and they alone simply can't turn the odds around.

Yeah but remember Nova, the ROTLD zombies are smart, and might think of a way to get past the copters and the tanks.

#4 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:09 PM

Yeah but remember Nova, the ROTLD zombies are smart, and might think of a way to get past the copters and the tanks.

They're also real slow. Easy targets for tanks and helicopters.

#5 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:10 PM

Man...you think the zombies would have more of a chance if I got rid of the helicopters?

#6 Nova Force Nova

Nova Force Nova

Deadpan Snarker

• CBUB Character Admin
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:12 PM

Man...you think the zombies would have more of a chance if I got rid of the helicopters?

And the tanks. Then it looks a bit more even, in my opinion.

#7 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:17 PM

Alright then. So do you think the ROTLD Zombies could figure out a way to get past the barricades, and would the other zombiesl listen to them?

#8 He who fights monsters

He who fights monsters

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:22 PM

The zombies lose for the most part, especially because of regular zombies as the mass.

#9 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

The zombies lose for the most part, especially because of regular zombies as the mass.

I personally think the zombies win the first battle, and MAYBE win the second, but I think they lose the third one.

#10 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

The military wins.

#11 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

http://www.cracked.c...il-quickly.html

RoTLD zombies are tough kills. One of the reasons I've never been a fan of the series. Infantry forces would be hard-pressed to stop an advance by them, simply because they'd have to literally dismember them with concentrated fire. Explosives make things a bit easier, but you're still left with the task of cleaning up a bunch of dismembered zombies.

#12 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:49 PM

http://www.cracked.c...il-quickly.html

RoTLD zombies are tough kills. One of the reasons I've never been a fan of the series. Infantry forces would be hard-pressed to stop an advance by them, simply because they'd have to literally dismember them with concentrated fire. Explosives make things a bit easier, but you're still left with the task of cleaning up a bunch of dismembered zombies.

That's just it, they are smart zombies, as Tarman(One of the main zombies) put a chain between a locked door, that a girl was hiding behind, and actually used a pretty good idea of prying the door off its hinges. If the black guy hadn't him with a paint can, Tarman would have almost certinaly killed her.
Because I was thinking the ROTLD zombies would like find a weakness in the barricades and make the other zombies distract the troops, so that they could sneek by, with a couple of Regular zombies, to serve as cannon fodder, while the ROTLD zombies find some way to mess up the soliders.

#13 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:11 PM

That's just it, they are smart zombies, as Tarman(One of the main zombies) put a chain between a locked door, that a girl was hiding behind, and actually used a pretty good idea of prying the door off its hinges. If the black guy hadn't him with a paint can, Tarman would have almost certinaly killed her.
Because I was thinking the ROTLD zombies would like find a weakness in the barricades and make the other zombies distract the troops, so that they could sneek by, with a couple of Regular zombies, to serve as cannon fodder, while the ROTLD zombies find some way to mess up the soliders.

I don't doubt it. Any battle in which it's purely infantry is likely to end in favor of the zombies, although a human victory isn't totally out of the question.

No matter how smart a zombie is, they won't outsmart a tank or helicopter.

#14 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:12 PM

Well I was told by two posters already that the Tanks and Copters made it unfair, so I got rid of them.

#15 tomisntblue

tomisntblue

ANNND now for something you'll really like. (It's cookie

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 10,760 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:13 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure the military wins this.

#16 ND7

ND7

• CBUB Match Judges
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:59 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure the military wins this.

Remember Tom, no tanks or copters. I still think that the zombies could outsmart and swarm them.

#17 Skirmisher

Skirmisher

Field Marshal

• Members
  • 5,026 posts
  • Interests:The Halo Universe, Warhammer Fantasy and 40K, Deconstructing the Hype of Star Wars, Still Like Star Wars though...

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:36 AM

Two things that win it for the Humans regardless of what type of Zombie they're fighting.

The Protobolter for today's Military

Remember this sh*t at Christmas!

Oh wait, they were the same thing... oh well...

#18 Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur

SPOOOON!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Football College and Pro, Video games, drawing, reading comics, and horror/action novels

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

When you think about it though the only way to kill a zombie is a shot to the head. While soldiers are trained in shooting, very few would get head shots often, and even fewer then that would get one every time. Soldiers carry around 50 to 60 rounds on there person. Say every 1 out of 5 rounds is a headshot, thats 12 dead zombies. Then add in the fact that zombies are going to continuesly advance no matter how much you shoot because they have no fear or pain.

Also every person who is scratched or bitten adds to the zombies numbers as well.

Without Tanks or Helicopters I say the zombies eventually win.

#19 Jason Redfield

Jason Redfield

Believes Han shot first

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:22 AM

Not really.

When you think about it though the only way to kill a zombie is a shot to the head.

Depends on the type of zombie.

While soldiers are trained in shooting, very few would get head shots often, and even fewer then that would get one every time.

There is some truth to this statement. Standard operating procedure for them is to take center mass shots, although, to be honest, a very small percentage of rounds fired by infantry even hit their target. Regardless, if we're talking about Marines, who have a much more proven track record (speaking VERY generally here), particularly with rifle marksmanship and headshots, the situation changes a bit.

Soldiers carry around 50 to 60 rounds on there person.

Hardly. More like 210 rounds for their rifle. That's not even counting the sidearm (although few would be likely to have one), grenades, 40mm rounds for the M203, anti-tank weapons, etc...

Also every person who is scratched or bitten adds to the zombies numbers as well.

Only if they're stupid enough to stand there while the zombies rush them. Which they won't. And you can bet the zombie would have a helluva hard time finding any spot of bare skin to bite. Try biting through military fatigues and tell me how that works out for you. When you add in the fact that soldiers in this scenario may very well be wearing something on almost every inch of their body...

Without Tanks or Helicopters I say the zombies eventually win.

Arguable.

#20 TheJ0ke

TheJ0ke

Nuked the fridge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:44 AM

Wait, hold up. What exactly are these "regular zombies"? Are they the one that are the norm in fiction, the traditional zombie, or something else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users